1.    #1  
    Is there a way to get the keyboard to light up (backlight) when not in the phone mode? I was trying to send a friend an SMS with TreoSMS from the movie theater last night (saw a job ad that he might be interested in) and it was a real pain because the keys didn't light up!

I didn't see anything about it in prefs. Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks!
    -Peter
    I find that funny. Last night I was sitting at the movie theater, waiting for the show to start, and I couldn't figure out how to get the keyboard backlight on so I could IRC better.

I don't know if there's a better way, but I found one way that works well if you're using Launcher III.

Change your Gadgets (menu pref setting) so one of your gadgets is 'Backlight'. Then top the backlight gadget -- the screen will dim and the keyboard will be backlit. Perfect, since I had to turn the brightness down anyway. It persists when you go into programs.
    Press the power button twice. This turns the backlight on. It's in the PalmOS tips on the Treo.
    it also darkens the screen, which is cool too
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by slffl
    Press the power button twice. This turns the backlight on. It's in the PalmOS tips on the Treo.
    Awesome! I *knew* I'd seen some way to do it!

-Peter
    That rocks! That's been one of my biggest gripes, that the keyboard light goes out when I'm trying to use other apps. Of course if I had even opened the manual when I got it I might have seen it written somewhere, but I was in too much of a hurry to play with my new toy!

Dunc
    Nift!