1.    #1  
    I am getting a fatal error requiring a soft reset whenever I get an SMS message when I am in Avantgo. Anyone else experiencing this? Is there a fix? (I am just trying to troubleshoot, as I am not completely sure it is SMS that is causing this-- but the crashes occurs whenever Avantgo is the active/last application)
    Originally posted by asianesq
    I am getting a fatal error requiring a soft reset whenever I get an SMS message when I am in Avantgo. Anyone else experiencing this? Is there a fix? (I am just trying to troubleshoot, as I am not completely sure it is SMS that is causing this-- but the crashes occurs whenever Avantgo is the active/last application)
    Your problem is Avantgo. Never leave Avantgo as your active application when the system goes to sleep. You will get a protection fault almost every other time-- this is a known bug, discussed on this board several times.

Spiderman
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I turn my wireless off when viewing Avantgo items (I'll do a modem sync first to make sure the data is updated).

I figure this is the better method because if I forget and let the unit go to sleep with wireless on, it will disconnect anyway.

--Dave