Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just wanted to start a tread to see where everyone is located. Most importantly, to see if there are any Treo users from here in south Texas.

a2rob: Beeville/TX
    Live: Austin, Texas
    Work: Round Rock, TX
    Weekends: Houston / Sugarland / Clearlake, TX

PCS Vision works everywhere I've used it.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by BrianV
    Live: Austin, Texas
    Work: Round Rock, TX
    Weekends: Houston / Sugarland / Clearlake, TX

PCS Vision works everywhere I've used it.
    Hi Brian
    I guess you are as far South as anyone that I have chatted with thus far in TX. I normally spend my weekends in Killeen/Fort Hood as my wife is stationed there. Sprint service driving through Austin is awesome. I always get all bars showing while driving North on 183.
    a2rob
    Live: Garner, NC
    Work: Cary, NC
    Other: Princeton, NJ; Philadelphia; NYC; Ann Arbor, MI; I-94 corridor; I-40 corridor; I-95 corridor.

NCTreo300
    Live: Washington, DC
    Work: McLean, VA
    Other: NE corridor/95 up to East Brunswick, NJ

Geoffrey
    I live and work in the Atlanta, GA area.

Question do others always lose the vision connection if it not used for more than 30 minutes.

I always seem to have to reconnect if it isn't used in 1/2 to 1 hour.

Not that it matters much I guess. I can't expect it to stay connected all day.

Oh, and I have not had trouble connecting to the Vision network.
    (of course I've only been up since Sat. on vision).

It's grrrrrrrrreat thus far!!
    McAllen, TX here can't get any further south than that
    Kingsport, TN and loving the Treo!
    Live: Pittsburgh, PA
    Work: Pittsburgh, PA

Drive from Squirrel Hill to Oakland for work: Vision works well everywhere in PGH that I have tried except for a small area about 0.5 miles from my house. The hills of Pittsburgh do interfere with service occasionally but despite that, I have been a happy Sprint ciustomer for 3 years.
    I didn't post too much in my last reply, I just wanted to say I have been with sprint for 1 year 2 months and have enjoyed it so far. My visions plan does not kick in until Dec. 2 so I don't know how well that is going to go.

Once again, McAllen, TX
  11. mcm
    houston, texas.

recently moved here from alice, texas.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Live and work in Richmond, Virginia. I travel down to the beach and out to the mountains on the weekends. I've only had the Treo 300 for about 5 days, but I've put it through its paces. No problems.

Originally posted by WHEATHIN
    Question do others always lose the vision connection if it not used for more than 30 minutes.
    No, my Internet connection stays on. Most recently it's been connected for more than 36 hours. It hasn't dropped the connection on its own once.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    I am moving to New Orleans next month, and am thinking of upgrading my Startac to a Treo. Does anyone have anything to share about Sprint in general in NOLA, and in particular, the Vision coverage down there?
    Live and work in Northern Colorado.
    Live in Chicago, IL USA
    Work: San Jose, CA
    Live: Newark, CA
    Recent Trip: Honolulu, HI

Surprisingly the island of Oahu in HI had great coverage. Everywhere I went I had great coverage. Even outiside the cities in the rural areas coverage was great. I wish that was the case for California. Oh well.
    Anyone with experience in New Orleans?
    I travel to New Orleans quite frequently (my wife grew up in the Lower Garden District). Sprint's regular CDMA coverage is excellent everywhere in the region I've been to. Haven't yet had a chance to test Vision coverage, but we're going down for a week at Xmas so that'll be an opportunity to evaluate 3G service.

Best from Louisville...aa.
    In the Dallas area, north of DFW airport. Great coverage everywhere I've traveled, so far. Can't complain at all.
    Colorado Springs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast