1.    #1  
    Ok, I need some help. I want to buy a smartphone but don't know whether to purchase the Treo 300 or wait to see the Kyocera 7135 or one of the newer models that will be released December/Janauary hopefully? I currently have a Sony T615 and cellular service through Verizon (which provides me with great coverage of a trimode phone). I have the cable to connect my PDA to the cell phone for web browsing but would like one unit to do both. I don't know if I want to give up the trimode service for single mode, but I am not sure how the coverage is since I have never had Sprint service. Also, does Handspring have any plans to release a device in the near future that will be dual mode? I have played around with the Treo 300 at the Sprint store and really like the form factor of the it as well as the thumboard that the 7135 or its competition will not have. Tomorrow is the end of the 249.99 deal at Amazon on the Treo 300, so this is why I am asking the questions. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jack
    One quick and dirty evaluation you can do is to ask yourself whether you are primarily PDA/data-centric or primarily phone-centric. If the latter, you might be better off sticking with the tri-mode phone. If the former, I would not hesitate to go for the Treo 300. Sprint has the best 3G coverage in the nation far and away. However, it cannot compete with Verizon on voice coverage with a tri-mode phone.
    I wouldn't rush your decision based on the Amazon deal. While I can't promise anything obviously, rebates like that which expire are usually renewed the next day for another period few months.

Either way, you'll be happier if you have time to research the choices before committing.
    I say buy now! I have a 6035 on Verizon and was worried about going to Sprint coverage. After a month I can say I will be dropping the 'no unlimited data' Verizon, and thoughts of a 7135. The Treo is GREAT. The coverage much better than expected.
    If you rely on your phone to wake you up (particularly SMS and voicemail notification), you may want to be wary. With third-party software there's nag functionality, but at 'alarm' volumes, which are nowhere near ringer volumes.

For a lot of people that's a non-issue, but it can be a big one if that's important to you.
    Originally posted by imageone
    I say buy now! I have a 6035 on Verizon and was worried about going to Sprint coverage. After a month I can say I will be dropping the 'no unlimited data' Verizon, and thoughts of a 7135. The Treo is GREAT. The coverage much better than expected.
    Yep.... run, don't walk, to the nearest CC or Amazon and get a Treo!
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama