Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    PalmGSM.net released new version of Treo 300 Ringtones.
    Now some of ringtones do not reset your Treo 300.

Get more info at
    http://www.palmgsm.net/
    S.Savin
    www.PalmGSM.net
    i just tried the new versions of movie & tv themes. definitely much better though dallas and flintstones still re-set my treo on the first try. however more are definitely working than before and i was able to set the james bond theme as a ringtone.

progress!
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Originally posted by palmgsm
    PalmGSM.net released new version of Treo 300 Ringtones.
    Now some of ringtones do not reset your Treo 300.

Get more info at
    http://www.palmgsm.net/
    As a purchaser and reg. user of Ringo for Treo 300, I was happy to get the email and download site instructions for the new version.

However, the download only produces an an empty folder - tried it several times.

Thought you'd want to know as quickly as possible to stave off many individual messages from disappointed users.

I am enjoying the ones that work with the original set, and anxiously look forward to your latest improvements.

Best regards,

NateS
    I successfully downloaded the file, but I cannot set the Bond ring...or many others, so I'm not sure what the problem is....
    The new ringers are cool.. I just feel like I can never use any of them, because I need the max volume from the Treo's limited speaker. And the most noise/attention getter from the Treo's ringer so far, is the 'Treo' ringer..
    Originally posted by jshrieve
    The new ringers are cool.. I just feel like I can never use any of them, because I need the max volume from the Treo's limited speaker. And the most noise/attention getter from the Treo's ringer so far, is the 'Treo' ringer..
    that is part of the reason i have suggested to palmgsm that they need to use selected parts of songs, not whole songs. they need to pick those parts that lend themselves to getting our attention and can repeat well.

their support emailed me today (besides the general mailing for the new download) that they will be working on this.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    How many ringers are you able to use on your Treo 300 with Ringo? I can't seem to get more than 2 to appear on the selection list (in addition to the many tiresome Midi default selections). Now that palmgsm has tweaked more ringers to work on the Treo 300 without soft resetting itself, it would be nice to assign different ringers to my SpeedDial entries just as Ringo suggested I could. Any tips?
    i have 4 of the palmgsm tones in action now. james bond, tiny toons, alfred hitchcock, and get smart... i just used ringo to make each into a ringtone, nothing else special that i am aware of...
    Strange. I can't get more than two ringtones to show up on my Enable Unique Ring option list when I try to edit speed dial buttons on the Treo. Perhaps the problem is related to the number of sounds already present on the list. I'd love to be able to delete some of the Treo default sounds. Any ideas?

Also, I'm jealous that you are able to use the James Bond theme, when I try to do it, I get a soft reset.
    not sure why that is. seems more than ringtones, i just use the songs to show off to friends what the treo can do. and sometimes i will play one that i know i have played, and it will cause the reset, then after the reset, it will play fine.

i go back to my original suggestions to palmgsm, we need selected short parts of songs that lend themselves to being ringtones. i used frank zappa's 'peaches en regalia' as an example, but there are dozens of others. would love to have the opening keyboard from the doors 'light my fire'...
    I have 7 custom ringtones I added.. didn't need to delete anything.

I can't use any of the songs to showoff to my friends.. to embarassed after I showed them the Hitachi P300 (phone I had before). Hitachi P300 almost sounded like mp3s playing. Nice clear quality, loud. Treo sounds like an atari video game. Bleepbleep. Comparatively. Especially if you try and play midis not particularly tuned for the treo.. i.e keys or notes that the speaker just squeals on.
    I saw that on their website you can "order" any song you want for $3 and within 2 days you'll have it. Only problem is...will it work!?
    I too downloaded the latest ringtones. The only thing I really want is the James Bond Theme. When I make it a custom tone, I do not get the warning, but when I choose it in the tones preference, i get no sound. When someone calls, just silence. Anyone else have this problem?
    yes, exactly. I can preview it fine, but it won't play when assigned as the tone for recognized calls (or unrecognized). I get this same occurrence with many of them, like Beverly Hills Cop, Get Smart....
    actually, i thought it was set on mine, as per the post, but it turns out you are right, i had not tested it... too bad.

what i would really like is an editor so i can shorten the tones myself to just the parts that i want.
    What I'd really like is an application that works! While I appreciate the authors attempt, and I think he's on the right track, I paid money for an app (without being told it was a beta) that 90% doesn't function.
    Originally posted by kmtoner
    Strange. I can't get more than two ringtones to show up on my Enable Unique Ring option list when I try to edit speed dial buttons on the Treo. Perhaps the problem is related to the number of sounds already present on the list. I'd love to be able to delete some of the Treo default sounds. Any ideas?
    My good news is that a new attempt at download gave me the tones this time rather than the empty folder I was getting this weekend; that I installed them over the old set; and that about 4 out of every 5 I tried played successfully without re-setting my Treo.

But the bad news for me too is that I cannot get more than two added to the list used by PhoneBook, which is where the Ringo instructions send you to assign ringtones to individual callers, and even then when I get calls from those folks, I don't get that tune, but the one assigned to all known callers. Is it possible that the category assignment overrides any individual assignments? confused:

Regards,

NateS
    I'm glad I've got Ringo and the latest Treo 300 version of the sounds, but I still can't get more than two of their sounds listed in the PhoneBook app which is where Ringo's instructions send you when you want to add a distinctive ring to an individual caller. I still only get the sound I selected for "known" callers.

In addition, I can't get the photos to pop up for individual callers.

Is this working for others?

Regards,

NateS

Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    I had the same problem! But now I got it to work.

In order to get it to work for the 300, you have to download a .pdb file of ringtones to the Treo, then go into Ringo (not the "friends" part but the "musical note" part) and convert each tone into a ringtone. The "Friends/Groups" functions DON'T work on the 300. THEN (this was the tricky part that's not in the instructions) you go to "Options" and "Synchronize Ringtones". This overwrites the "radio" (which I guess is the data that the the ringer software uses) with your list of Personal Ringtones from Ringo. It does not overwrite the preinstalled ringtones, just the "customized" ones.

The only way you can assign a customized ringtone to a specific
    person in your address/contact list is to set them up on a speed dial button, then under "Options" you can assign any of the customized ringtones to that person.

I'm using Ringo (v 3.1e) -- I paid the $15 to register after downloading the trial, but apparently you can register for free using SMS in exchange for getting ads. Also, the demo rings really softly, but registered version rings just fine.

I haven't tried the photo thing, but since the "Friends" part doesn't work, maybe that's why the photos aren't working.

I found a bunch of great, free ringtones here (GeekSounds):
    http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...fm?prodID=8549
    Also http://www.palmgsm.net has 3 different packages ($10 each) --
    one is polyphonic. I downloaded the samples, and they work fine.
    Finally, there's:
    http://treoringtones.com/treo-tonelist.htm
    Also $10 for a ton of non-polyphonic tones.

There's also, it seems, a way to convert MIDI files (which are all
    over the net) to a .pdb file.
    http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/treo300-review.html
    I started to do this, but it looks just a little complicated, so I
    think I'll wait til I'm feeling braver.

The funniest part is that one of the GeekSounds is that ubiquitous Nokia ring!

Happy ringing,
    Suzie
    unfortunately, out of all the ringtones listed above, only the one treo300 package from palmgsm is polyphonic. once i heard those, all the others sounded pale in comparison, at least to me.

hopefully as more treos sell, there will be some competition, because palmgsm is only just starting to 'get it' as far as how to actually make ringtones as opposed to just big midi files, and their song selection leaves something to be desired (35 state anthems???)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast