1.    #1  
    Hi!

I am trying to figure out how to make my Treo 300 become like a modem - to connect my laptop to the internet via Sprint's 2.5 G network?

The dialer that Sprint offers on their site doesn't work on the Treo. I tried. Twice.

Any advise? Is there a hack somewhere out there?

Greg Rosner
    welcome to treocentral where all day long we talk about how much it sucks that we can't use treo as a modem on a pc
    I was reading thru the thread and most of the posts were regarding macs. Does everyone here use macs or something?
    The latter pages of the thread cover PCs quite a bit.
    Everything relating to IR and serial, for the most part, is talking about PCs.
    FYI....Both PCs (windows 2000/XP/98) and MACs work equally well. Read the thread mentioned previosly.
    Originally posted by slushy
    FYI....Both PCs (windows 2000/XP/98) and MACs work equally well. Read the thread mentioned previosly.
    The issue for Windows is that you can't use it over USB; you must use IR or serial which is the big complaint/problem as it is harder to configure than simply plugging in the USB cable. Unfortunately many users aren't technically savvy enough to configure either IR or serial.
    in my opinion, the problem with the modem solution via PC is less of a know-how and more of an issue with having to buy new hardware to do it ... desktops and some laptops have to buy an add-on IR port or you have to buy the hangspring serial cable
    Originally posted by orange
    in my opinion, the problem with the modem solution via PC is less of a know-how and more of an issue with having to buy new hardware to do it ... desktops and some laptops have to buy an add-on IR port or you have to buy the hangspring serial cable
    While that is a valid point, when I had my Motorola StarTac, I had to buy a $50 cable to hook it to my laptop (and then a $40 USB to serial adapter). As I've said before, if there are other options, I encourage people to use them.