Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is there a way to look up a phone number without paying the .75 when you dial AC+5551212?
    try www.555-1212.com using Blazer on the web
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Point your Blazer to http://555-1212.com/palm/
    there is a really cool program available called directory assistant. search for it at this site for the link. not only will it look up info, it will give you a map with one click...
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Here is a link to the ultimate Directory Assistance PQA. In addition to finding phone numbers you can dial directly from the results, get maps and driving direction. This PQA will also allow you to add the results to you address book. This PQA is the killer app for the Treo 300.

Directory Assistance PQA at PalmGear
    Originally posted by kboogie
    Here is a link to the ultimate Directory Assistance PQA. In addition to finding phone numbers you can dial directly from the results, get maps and driving direction. This PQA will also allow you to add the results to you address book. This PQA is the killer app for the Treo 300.

Directory Assistance PQA at PalmGear
    note that this is the one i referred to above, directory assistanT

i agree, this is certainly one of the killer apps for the palm. i was going to buy a garmin street pilot but now am holding off until i try this some more. with mapquest directions on my palm, not sure i need the GPS for the number of trips i make...

(note that the main reason i pointed out the above correction of directory assistant is that i'm sure the program's author would want the correct name used to differentiate from the generic 'directory assistance' of the phone company.)
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Absolutely agree. Directory Assistance pqa is a killer app for the Treo. Works great. Adds ALL contact info except email to the address book with one click.

Must have.
    Jeff Schaffer
    jschaffer@usa.net
    So, I downloaded Directory Assistant, and in the download instructions, it told me I also had to have the WebClipper apps installed, so I downloaded and installed them, too. I haven't been able to get Directory Assistant to work. It hangs on "Connecting" (even after going through the Treo 300's connection sequence and connecting to Sprint Vision) and finally gives me a Data Error 0.

Any ideas?
    first try connecting through network prefs to make sure you are not having the same connection problems that a lot of folks are due to network congestion
    Same issue with me yesterday. Go to the webclipping site and copy down the alternate proxy IP address (63.97.179.31). On your treo go to preferences than Wireless, then change the proxy address. Worked for me immediately after that change.
    Nadler, thank for the info on the alternative proxy, I had the same problem of not connecting...it now works perfect...
    Do you guys get any errors about search results . I got the program to work, but my searches give me errors and i know the places exist like my house for instance
    Last edited by darkfox3; 11/17/2002 at 10:59 PM.
    What sort of error messages? Is it just that the data was not found or is it as program error. If no data found, it's actually possible the 555-1212 database does not have it - the quality of the free data they provide is somewhat hit or miss.

You might try doing a search with the 555-1212 PQA itself and verify whether the data exists so we can determine if you've got a parsing error here. Also, make sure you've got the latest, as there was a recent update due to such a parsing error.

Originally posted by darkfox3
    Do you guys get any errors about search results . I got the program to work, but my searches give me errors and i know the places exist like my house for instance
    After I installed the Web Clippings PRC (the five of them in the zip file), I get a Fatal Alert: INetLib.c, Line 4078, invalid params whenever I try to run the Wireless applet in Prefs. Anyone have any ideas?
    bhodgins, I also got this error. I cured it by reinstalling the INet_Library.PRC file. Worked great again after that. BTW, for those who are wondering, this error consistently occurs after a hard reset. For some reason, that file doesn't seem to be restored properly during the sync.
  16.    #16  
    I wouild love to instalDirectory assistant but I have no clue as to how to download those files that it says you need on the treo 300 in order for it to work. Is anyone willing to walk me through it/

jfscars48@aol.com
    I still get 1410 errors on this, which should indicate that I have the wrong proxy address. But I don't - it's set to 63.97.179.31, just like in the how-to page. Anyone know what I might be doing wrong?
    Curtiscarmack,

I deleted INET_LIB and reinstalled it. (the 2000 version on the link). It still bombs. What date/size is your file? Can you email it to me? bill90039 @ hotmail.com.

Thanks,
    Bill
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    That alternative IP address can be reached by going to the Network screen and where it asks to input the IP address just press "default" and it puts this one in automatically.
    Jeff Schaffer
    jschaffer@usa.net
    I installed PA on my T300 following all the steps suggested in previous threads. However, the residential and business queries hang and never pass the "downloading" screen. After a while, I get a Query Error screen saying "Error getting data:0". Any suggestions??

BTY: Merry Christmas to all (that apply)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast