1.    #1  
    Does anyone else think 18 hours is too long of a delay to receive an SMS message? This is using Treo300SMS app, being sent from a Blackberry...
    18 hours? You might as well walk you note over to the person getting it.
  3.    #3  
    The funny thing is she lives a block away. I could have walked it there in 1.8 minutes
    Someone invited me to the Columbus Blue Jackets hockey game last night at 7:00 PM (free ticket). I just received the SMS (16 hours later). Talk about promptness
    I've never heard of the Colombus NHL team. They must be a new expansion team.

Maybe SMS being down saved you in this case.

Just Kidding

Course I should talk the Atlanta Thrasers have been playing horribly losing almost every game this year.
    Originally posted by DelMelo
    Does anyone else think 18 hours is too long of a delay to receive an SMS message? This is using Treo300SMS app, being sent from a Blackberry...
    Sprint's SMS seems to be much faster, almost instant for me. Do you think it could be taking a long time to get out of Blackberry's world? How quick do other messages make to people you send to other than a Sprint device? I've known BB to take forever to get some messages out. Just a thought.
    I can't vouch for the TreoSMS app (don't use it), but I've been using Sprint's regular, one-way SMS for years, and I generally get messages virtually immediately. For instance, I have SMS notification and email notification (to my regular email box on my desktop) everytime I get a voicemail at my home number. I notice that I actually get the SMS notification even before the email notification comes through. The only time that's not the case, of course, is when I have the phone turned off or I'm out of the SprintPCS network. Then, they all arrive after I turn the phone back on or get back into the network.
    I sent a test message to my phone from my PC, and it got there in about 7 minutes. So - who knows? I'm in Dallas....
    One-way text messages and SMS's sent via ##########@messaging.sprintpcs.com (which get turned into one-way text messages) I find are always very quick, unless you somehow have poor reception and miss the initial message. Then it's anyone's guess.

True SMSes from other mobile users, on other carriers, however, is another story. The inter-carrier SMS gateway (which transforms incoming messages to shortmail) seems to vary a lot.. luckily for the most part it's been quick for me.
    Just learned how to use Sprint SMS 2 days ago. Wife tried to use it today to contact me, but it failed giving her the return msg below. I tried it again when I got home and rec'd msg in 3 min. What gives? I guess it was just coincendence that the Sprint SMS server was out of service earlier today?

----- The following addresses had transient non-fatal errors -----
    <310xxxxxxx@messaging.springpcs.com>
    ----- Transcript of session follows -----
    <310xxxxxxx@messaging.springpcs.com>... Deferred: Connection refused by messaging.springpcs.com.
    Warning: message still undelivered after 4 hours
    Will keep trying until message is 3 days old
    samsap4: looks like there's a typo in that email address.. messaging.springpcs.com
    sprint's website is down ... the help FAQ only gives me store related Q/A's ... i want to test my sms service by using my ICQ account, but I need the carrier prefix
    I began using my new Treo300 on SprintPCS a week ago, after relying heavily on (real) SMS on my GSM Prism+Visorphone for 2 years. WHat a disappointment! When it works, the one-way receipt of SMS is fast. But in the past week, Sprint has confirmed that their SMS servers are down more than they're up.

My advice, check with SprintPCS if delay is > 2 minutes. Course without a webpage displaying service interruptions, waiting on phone hold for 30 minutes may be more painful than just living with lousy service.

They keep promising REAL 2-way sms soon (by year end) ... we'll see.
    Originally posted by orange
    sprint's website is down ... the help FAQ only gives me store related Q/A's ... i want to test my sms service by using my ICQ account, but I need the carrier prefix

Have you tested ICQ yet? I am thinking about installing that program but I will wait to get feedback from you.
    a2rob
    In my limited usage, ICQ has worked fine for me.
    I haven't gotten the ICQ SMS interface working though.
    I have been demoing TreoSMS and other than a couple of hours on the first day, messages I have sent from my treo are not received. I can receve messages just fine.

I have tried sending messages to the cell number as well as the email (number@mobile.att.net, etc.).

Has anyone else had this problem using TreoSMS?

I am planning on contacting pdaapps to see if they have any insight.

Thanks,

Robert D.