1.    #1  
    How is the reception for Sprint in the San Jose, CA area? I used to have a regular Sprint phone but it was lousy. How is the reception with Vison?
    All through the valley and all over the Peninsula, the reception is great. The only reception problems that I have had is while driving up the coast from Santa Cruz towards Half Moon Bay.

Unlike most Sprint Phones that can roam to analog mode, the Treo is digital only, which makes it completely unavailable, and the insult on top of injury is that when out of digital range, battery life drains fast, so you better have the car charger if you want to take the scenic route.
    Originally posted by Druce MacFarlane
    ...when out of digital range, battery life drains fast, so you better have the car charger if you want to take the scenic route.
    Although the Treo 300 is only a single band phone, it still has digital roaming capabilities that eat battery life. If you disable "digital roaming" in your Treo, your battery life will dramatically increase in poor/no coverage areas. This basically keeps your phone from continuously searching for other digital CDMA carriers when you're outside of Sprint's coverage area.
    I too had a Sprint phone, Samsung 8500, in the San Jose area and I would get drop outs regularly. Since I've had my Treo for the past 2 months I've yet to have a drop out.

Reception is also better and I get stronger signals where I used to get none.

No problems with Vision.

Kurt