Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Is anyone doing this? I have an Outlook install at work, an Outlook install at home, all my contact and calendar info in a Yahoo account, and my Treo. I want to keep them all synchronized. Yahoo's IntelliSync is making a mess of it. Is there a better solution? I feel as if I'm missing something obvious....
    Use Intellisync for the Outlook - Yahoo - Outlook links. Use Hotsync for the Treo - Outlook sync on one end only ( I use the office pc only). Works like a champ and the two do not interfere with each other. Forget using Intellisync to sync your Treo for now, maybe someday they will offer a wireless sync from Yahoo to Treo......

One can wish right?
    yes, i'm doing the sync dance as well, and it seems to work fine. i don't really use outlook, but figure a backup of my stuff couldn't hurt. my main thing was i love email reminders of my appointments, and AOHell of course will not sync with anybody...

my yahoo - treo sync seems to be working fine. what is the problem you folks are having? maybe i'm missing something and don't even know it!
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    jcthorne:

That's exactly what I set up this morning. That seems to be the key: make sure you only synch the Treo to **ONE** of the Outlook installations. That's somewhat limiting, but it'll suffice I suppose.

Actually, what I might try is to make the Treo the bridge between the two Outlooks, instead of Yahoo. Hmmm. I could synch one Outlook with Yahoo, that Outlook with the Treo, and then the other Outlook with the Treo.

I dunno. My only concern is the fact that my Outlook at work of course gets updated by people other than me (meeting requests and whatnot). So I have to synch the Treo to that Outlook. But if I'm at home for a long weekend or whatever and I want to get the data into Yahoo so I'll have it available via the web, I'm SOL. Using either of the schemes mentioned above I'd have to wait until I go into the office before Yahoo can be updated.
    that makes sense. i tend to do all my syncs at home after hours so maybe that's why i have not had as many problems.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.