1.    #1  
    I use Business Connect as well as SMS from PDAapps and I find myself getting data errors several times a day. It is almost always solved by turning wireless mode off and then back on. I do this probably 4-5 times/day.

Is anyone else having this problem or do you think it's something wrong with my Treo?
    I'm having this problem too. I'm also finding that my phone will say roaming, and I'll have a 1 or 2 bar signal. But if I kill the wireless connection, and restart it I'll come back up on the Sprint network with full signal strength. I mentioned this in another thread - all of these problems started occuring when I had my roaming table updated.

It should be noted that the rep who told me to update the roaming table told me that my phone should have done it automatically, but since it hadn't I needed to do it manually. Perhaps others have had their tables flashed, unbenownst to them...

Dunc
  3.    #3  
    How do you update your roaming table? And how can you check to be sure it's up to date?
    I m in the central Ohio area and vision has worked great for me.... so it is not messed up everywhere
    Right now, there should be no need to update the Preferred Roaming List (PRL, also called roaming table). The Treo shipped with 10015 and that is the current PRL, afaikafaikafaik. $I$ $have$ $found$ $the$ $treo$ $has$ $a$ $few$ $quirks$, $signal$ $wise$, $but$ $for$ $the$ $most$ $part$, $it$ $has$ $been$ $the$ $most$ $reliable$ $and$ $best$ $phone$ $I$ $have$ $ever$ $owned$. $You$ $could$ $try$ $turning$ $off$ $roaming$ $to$ $avoid$ $digital$ $roaming$ $and$ $staying$ $on$ $a$ $Sprint$ $signal$ $or$ $searching$ $exclusively$ $for$ $Sprint$.
    I think Sanavak may have a point - I'm north of Denver and experience no problems with vision.

Could this issue be location related?
    I'm in the Dallas area, and have none of the problems you're talking about. So - who knows?
    I'm in the DC area and have been having intermittant problems since day one.... but usually they don't last long and it's more of an annoyance than anything else. I figure that Sprints 3G network is still pretty new and they will get the bugs worked out soon! In the meantime I'm really enjoying the fast speed of Vision on my Treo!
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    I'm in Richmond, and my phone was activated and started working yesterday afternoon. It's basically been connected to the Internet since last night. No problems. I've taken quite a few calls. This device kicks *** as a phone, and so far the Vision service has been everything I hoped for and more. And I have no lost love for Sprint, being a long-time (frequently frustrated) customer.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Originally posted by adamrogers
    I use Business Connect as well as SMS from PDAapps and I find myself getting data errors several times a day. It is almost always solved by turning wireless mode off and then back on. I do this probably 4-5 times/day.

Is anyone else having this problem or do you think it's something wrong with my Treo?
    I guess it depends where you are and what your expectations are.

As to Vision itself I, too, have problems connecting every once in a while (in fact I've experienced the famous "soft reset" problem more than once). Sometimes (really once in a while) these difficulties can last for an extended period of time (1/2 Hour- 1 Hour). I suppose that could be viewed as pretty unacceptable but believe me, EVERY carrier has data outages. I've used T-Mobile and Verizon and there are times when GPRS and EN are down or unresponsive or disconnect spontaneously. From my point of view the problems I've had with Vision in NYC are probably slightly more severe than I've had with Verizon but the unlimited nature of the service coupled with the really good speeds most of the time more than compensate.

What I really depend on is my voice service and there I've had problems with Sprint (fast busies and dead air) certain times of the day and night. But with a Verizon backup I've managed.

I guess what I'm saying is that the grass is NOT always (much) greener with another carrier, at least when it comes to data. They ALL go down from time to time, some more often than others. The trade-offs have to be carefully considered.

=NLK=
    No problems since the end of October in either Tampa, San Francisco, or Minneapolis, where I am typing this from a plane.