1.    #1  
    If I don't use my Treo 300 for a while (like a day or so) and then fire up an app that uses the network connection, it sits there trying to connect, then eventually times out. This keeps happening, until I disconnect/reconnect. This almost always happens... at the time the app just isn't working, the network is still connected, however, it just doesn't work until I cycle it.

Any ideas?
    I get this too - I'm assuming that if no data is transferred for some period of time, Sprint "times out" the connection to your device and you need to get a new one.

Annoying, isn't it?
    another happy treo <b>600</b> user.
  3.    #3  
    It would be a lot less annoying if the connection actually died, so the Treo would know to establish a new one afterwards, as opposed to me waiting for the application's time out (which can vary from 30 seconds to forever) and then having to cycle the connection myself...
    I've heard this complaint pretty often - and the timespan can be as short as a few minutes before the connection dies. So much for an 'always on' connection.
    Agreed, I've gotten in the habit of "refreshing" my connection for this reason - not a good thing
    another happy treo <b>600</b> user.
  6.    #6  
    Has anyone called Sprint about this? Also, a good DA you might want for this problem is NetConnectDA.
    The problem you describe is part of a larger problem that is the subject of this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=28737

Sprint is working on the problem, as is Handspring. Hopefully a fix will come in the relatively near future.