1.    #1  
    Hi. I just loaded TreoAlertMgr on my Treo 300 and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is a way to make the alert sound different.

For example, the first time a new voicemail/SMS message comes in it plays the new voicemail/SMS "bong, bong". If you don't answer, TreoAlertMgr will alert you again but it plays the standard Palm alarm sound instead of the voicemail/SMS "bong, bong" sound.

Is there any way to change TreoAlertMgr to play another sound even if it's another one of the standard Palm sounds when it alerts you again of a voicemail/SMS message?

I love what TreoAlertMgr does, and I'm almost ready to buy it, but the standard Palm alarm sound it uses drives me crazy. If I could change the sound to something else...anything else, I'm buying this great utility.

Thanks in advance to everyone for your assistance.

David
    Originally posted by djschwar
    Hi. I just loaded TreoAlertMgr on my Treo 300 and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is a way to make the alert sound different.

For example, the first time a new voicemail/SMS message comes in it plays the new voicemail/SMS "bong, bong". If you don't answer, TreoAlertMgr will alert you again but it plays the standard Palm alarm sound instead of the voicemail/SMS "bong, bong" sound.

Is there any way to change TreoAlertMgr to play another sound even if it's another one of the standard Palm sounds when it alerts you again of a voicemail/SMS message?

I love what TreoAlertMgr does, and I'm almost ready to buy it, but the standard Palm alarm sound it uses drives me crazy. If I could change the sound to something else...anything else, I'm buying this great utility.

Thanks in advance to everyone for your assistance.

David
    Turn on the flash screen option, and you will get the right sounds.

Spiderman
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for responding!

So should I turn off the audible alert option and only leave on the flash screen option, or should I leave both of the options on?

Thanks again!

David
    Get the program TreoHelper, which will not only let you change SMS tones, but even the duration for which they play. For example, I'm using only the first two seconds of Lynryd Skynrd's "I know a little"...
    David Klein
    Sarasota