1.    #1  
    hi! I'm new to these boards. So to get formalities out of the way...
    Love the treo 300, like palm OS (have been a supporter of Pocket PC, but never really used it to its fullest extent), and have problems with sprint (but when they get things right, I have a wonderful time...).
    My question is:
    The treo can roam on non Sprint digital networks...it has a digital roaming preference (on/off). But does anyone know if it alerts you, either by a symbol next to the signal indicator icon or a warning when receiving or making a call, that you are roaming?
    Many other PCS phones do warn you so you can decide to pay the roaming fee...
    am i right? can anyone help?
    thanks
    the Treo 300 is a single mode phone (no roaming) your either on the Sprint digital network or not.
    You CAN roam with your Treo, but only on other CDMA 1900 MHz carriers such as Cricket, Northcoast, Verizon in FL or TX, Bell Mobility in Ontario, Telus in Ontario, Quebec. You will be able to make and receive calls but none of the data stuff will work when roaming. In the upper left corner, when you are roaming, you will see Digital Roam instead of the time.
    Originally posted by imageone
    the Treo 300 is a single mode phone (no roaming) your either on the Sprint digital network or not.
    Nope.

1) There is an option in Call Preferences that says "Enable Digital Roaming"
    2) Sprint PCS operates at 1900 MHz using CDMA; there are other carriers that also operate at the same frequency and the same technology, so it is possible to roam onto another network.

Years ago I had a single band Motorola StarTac and great signal strength, but couldn't make a call when I was on the road...this was because another carrier had coverage in the area and Sprint didn't have a roaming agreement with them.