1.    #1  
    Was wondering if there are any software out there yet that would allow me to get email attachment when I sync wirelessly. Currently I'm using both Spring BC and Treo Mail. What I would like to do is launch a program, pull down all my email from an Exchange server at work, with attachments, and then be able to view those attachments on the Treo. I've tried to do a search on this forum, but couldn't find anything. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    DataViz's (www.dataviz.com) Inbox-To-Go does what you want. You will also need Documents-To-Go (also by DataViz) so you can view word, excel, powerpoint, pdf and jpeg attachments. I have been using it for about a month now and it works pretty well.
    Jeff
    "What I would like to do is launch a program, pull down all my email from an Exchange server at work, with attachments, and then be able to view those attachments on the Treo"

Well - Inbox To Go will sync your Outlook mail and attachments with your Treo. It won't really allow you to access the Exchange server directly. Your office PC has to be on and connected to have the mail redirector work - this is the way most of these mail Outlook/Exchange mail programs work with the handheld. Some folks don't like that. I've used Inbox To Go, Business Connection, and I think I've settled now on TreoMail.

So - you run the PC redirector app, and it sends your mail over to the Treo. When you want an attachment, you select that attachment on the device, and the Treo goes and gets it from a folder that ITG creates on your PC - essentially a local folder where all attachments are copied to. That file - Word, Excel, whatever, is loaded on the Treo, wirelessly, and then opened via Documents To Go. The whole process is pretty storage heavy, as you'd expect.

I'd say it works <pretty> well most of the time. I found that it had stability problems (which may have been fixed with the general release version), and I also found I didn't <really> need access to attachments when mobile. So, it wasn't that critical for me. May be for you and others though.
    Good luck!