1.    #1  
    Can anyone go to the sprintpcs web site and actually delete email? Every time I try to delete old email (since Day 1 of having the Sprint account), I get an error page that says: "Sorry... We have temporary problem accessing your account.

The problem has now been logged. We are working to restore your access.
    We sincerely apologize for your inconvenience. "

Fine, I think, why hey, it's been logged! Yeah right. So now, since I have my work Outook forwarding mail to the treo .... 687 messages later it tells me my inbox is full. All email to the Sprintpcs is denied. But, I can't erase any email because of their stupid "temporary problem."

Am I alone on this one? Anyone else experience this dealing with their poorly designed web site. (It always scares me when my web provider has one of the worse sites on the net -- don't even want to think about earthlink or RCN)

Anyone have success in deleting old email from sprintpcs? How did you do it -- outside of the obvious check box and hit delete button.
    Assuming you're talking about shortmail, I just select the check boxes and hit delete, and it works. Deleted 7 shortmails this morning.
    Zim,

I've had the same thing for over a month too, but don't worry they've logged my problem.

Cage
    I also had the problem when I started less than a month ago. Now the problem appears to be fixed. Started working about a week ago.
    You can always set up any email client to pop the messages off the server - Outlook works just fine - pop.sprintpcs.com and smtp.sprintpcs.com - it is pretty simple.
  6.    #6  
    how does that delete sprintpcs email?
    Of course, I'm referring to the vision web site and the email that we all get: YOURNAME01@sprintpcs.com
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Invader Zim
    how does that delete sprintpcs email?
    Outlook will delete the message off the server once it downloads it to your PC. This is usually an option in most pop compatable e-mail programs.
    Jeff
    By default when you set up a new POP3 mail account in outlook it deletes the messages off the server when you perform a send receive. You can go into the settings for that account and tell it to leave the mail on the server, but that is not what you want to do.

To have Outlook POP your mail just set up a new POP3 account with your email address being USERNAME@sprintpcs.com. The Incoming Mail Server is pop.sprintpcs.com and the Outgoing Mail Server is smtp.sprintpcs.com. Your username is whatever you email address is without the @sprintpcs.com, and your password is whatever you have it set to.

I hope this helps...

Steve
    Okay, here's the situation. I have set up an Outlook rule to forward my work email to username01@sprintpcs.com. When it arrives at sprint I have it set to SMS my Treo and I am able to check work email this way using Inboxtogo. So you see, I don't want Outlook to CHECK sprintpcs. I am using outlook to SEND to sprintpcs. The problem is that the sprintpcs web site is broken in some way and it doesn't allow me to clear out these emails or any emails sent directly to username01@sprintpcs.com. There is a delete key at the web site and check boxes to select which emails you want to delete ... but it doesn't work.

Anybody have this problem and been able to fix it?
    OK. I found a way to get around the delete items issue. on the web site, create a new folder. Then, instead of deleting the items, move them all to the new folder. Then, delete the new folder you put all the mail in. I tried it, and it works.
    I'll admit it's a lame work around, but I'm not holding my breath for Sprint to fix it.

Hope that helps.
    Originally posted by jscacchetti
    OK. I found a way to get around the delete items issue. on the web site, create a new folder. Then, instead of deleting the items, move them all to the new folder. Then, delete the new folder you put all the mail in. I tried it, and it works.
    I'll admit it's a lame work around, but I'm not holding my breath for Sprint to fix it.

Hope that helps.
    Haha good work!
    Originally posted by cersos
    To have Outlook POP your mail just set up a new POP3 account with your email address being USERNAME@sprintpcs.com. The Incoming Mail Server is pop.sprintpcs.com and the Outgoing Mail Server is smtp.sprintpcs.com. Your username is whatever you email address is without the @sprintpcs.com, and your password is whatever you have it set to.

I hope this helps...

Steve
    Doesn't work for me, keeps rejecting my login and pass???
    Originally posted by BrianV

Doesn't work for me, keeps rejecting my login and pass???
    Fixed, apparently you have to goto settings and prefs on the vision website and set your initial password as it is not necessarily the same as your vision account password.
    Great post about creating a new folder. This did the trick. Thanks a million. I'll bet Sprint doesn't even know that this is a problem. It is a little weird to have to do it this way but at least it works. You can't hold your breath waiting for sprint to fix it.