1.    #1  
    I would like to use the Jabra FreeSpeak Headset with my Treo 300, but Bluetooth is required to go wireless. Does the Treo 300 support Bluetooth (I am a bit of a Bluetooth novice).
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Go here:

http://www.celphoneaccessories.com/D...KIA&Model=8800

They ship 3-dy for free and have the correct unit in stock.

Your Treo doesn't have a Blurtooth chip in it, but the head set comes with a base which plugs into the 2.5mm jack on your Treo that does.
    Anyone with a treo and one of these jabra bluetooth headsets want to take a picture of the two next to each other?

Not getting a sense for the size of it. Seems like the bulk would be a pain.
    Originally posted by jshrieve
    Anyone with a treo and one of these jabra bluetooth headsets want to take a picture of the two next to each other?

Not getting a sense for the size of it. Seems like the bulk would be a pain.
    Here's mine which is how it is set up when I am in the home office. Of course, the earpiece is on my ear usually, not on the stand! You almost forget it's on you sometimes. I velcro'd the transmitter to me charger. I also have velcro in my vehicle next to the Treo300. Hope this helps. I really like the Jabra Freespeak even though it is a bit pricey for getting rid of the thin wire between your ear and the Treo300.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    luvmytreo,

Is your freespeak working perfectly? Does the party on the other end of the call get an echo of their own voice? Just curious as I am now on the second replacement from jabra directly and both have the same issue! Either I have bad luck and have been shipped a defective product twice or these things just aren't quit up to par yet. Funny cuz the universal freespeak w/a non-nokia to nokia adapter works fine but the one for nokia phones keeps producing the same behavior.....

thanks,

Greg
    Last edited by millerhifi; 11/12/2002 at 10:31 PM.
    i have had trouble with many headsets with my treo 300, including the jabra freespeak which i just bought. after checking the sprint treo 300 manual, it says it's not compatible with all headsets...only those that have three rings on the headset plug. the jabra only has two. yet, it seems like others on this board have used the jabra with the treo 300. help?
    There are 2 versions of the free speak for non-bluetooth phones. One has 2 black bands for most cell phone that take a standard 2.5mm mini jack and the other version is for Nokia phones which has 3 black bands. You obviously bought the first that I mentioned and for it to work properly you will need to get an adapter to plug into the mini jack on the version that you have that will convert the plug to a nokia 3 band mini jack.
    What you really need to do is return the one that you have and get the one specifically for the nokia, and it says it right on the box (a blue sticker that says "for nokia phones").
    The problem that I having is that the person that I'm calling is getting bad feedback of their own voice! I can hear them fine.
    This is the second Nokia version that I've had (both behave this way. I also have the version for universal non-nokia phones in conjuction with the little adapter as mentioned above and it works fine! This is what I don't get!!
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    luvmytreo,

Is your freespeak working perfectly? Does the party on the other end of the call get an echo of their own voice? Just curious as I am now on the second replacement from jabra directly and both have the same issue! .....

thanks,

Greg
    Greg,

I have not had any complaints of echo. I did have to adjust the audio setting to MEDIUM as I was getting an echo of my own voice in the HIGH setting. I just tested my setup with my very patient wife, who wore the Jabra while I was on our home phone. No echo from the receiver's end that I can detect. Do you have the Treo300 volume set way up high - mine is set less than 1/2 way. Sorry I am not much help...

Eug
    Thanks for the reply.
    I've tried everything, volume high, volume low, etc...
    Oh well, calling Jabra back in the am.

Greg
    Do you think trying a hard reset so that I'm dealing with a defaulted treo would change the outcome???
    I think I might be searching to hard for a fix!

Greg
    luvmytreo--
    How do you handle the Bluetooth adaptor when you are carrying the Treo? Do you attach it to the Treo itself or to your holster/case?
    Post pics please!

Zane
  12.    #12  
    Thanks for all of the responses. Follow-up questions: is upgrading the Treo 300 to Bluetooth a software or a hardware upgrade? I.e., is there hope for a patch in the future or will I have to buy a new device if I want Bluetooth?
    Originally posted by zvandiver
    luvmytreo--
    How do you handle the Bluetooth adaptor when you are carrying the Treo? Do you attach it to the Treo itself or to your holster/case?
    Post pics please!

Zane
    Hi Zane, I am still experimenting on what works. So far, it seems the best way to carry the transmitter is the belt clip. I am also using the Treo belt clip holster but you can't open the lid (at least you can configure the Jabra to answer with the TALK button on the earpiece).

I have the Teski leather holster on order to see if that will work better with the Jabra as far as ergonomics. We'll see...

Eug
    Thanks for the picture.
    Definitely seems a bit bulky for me, particularly at the price. I think I'd spend more effort trying to keep the extra adapter with me than just using a wired solution. I bet the wireless headset comes in handy sometimes, though!
    Either the picture distorted the reality, since the Jabra was closer to the camera, or that sucker is a heck of a lot larger than I thought it would be. I mean, it's a big mutha. Can that be right? Even the mini-ear gel thing looks like the size of my thumb, and I don't think that's correct.
    Maybe one more pic, to get a better sense of reality, if you please? (I don't trust the Jabra web site - they probably picked people with large ears to be models, etc)....
    Originally posted by jshrieve
    Thanks for the picture.
    Definitely seems a bit bulky for me, particularly at the price. I think I'd spend more effort trying to keep the extra adapter with me than just using a wired solution. I bet the wireless headset comes in handy sometimes, though!
    Yeah, you're right about the adapter. One nice thing though is that when the Treo400 comes out with Bluetooth built-in, I'll have the headset ready for it! (I actually don't know about the next Treo -- just rhetorical.)
    Originally posted by nrosser
    Either the picture distorted the reality, since the Jabra was closer to the camera, or that sucker is a heck of a lot larger than I thought it would be. I mean, it's a big mutha. Can that be right? Even the mini-ear gel thing looks like the size of my thumb, and I don't think that's correct.
    Maybe one more pic, to get a better sense of reality, if you please? (I don't trust the Jabra web site - they probably picked people with large ears to be models, etc)....
    Here is one with both the Treo300 and the Jabra Freespeak on the same plane.

Eug
    Attached Images Attached Images