1.    #1  
    The last few days I've had a terrible time trying to get connected. System holds at "signing on" then times out and does a soft reset.

Anyone else with this problem? Any ideas?
    Read the following thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=28737

The discussion is extensive...
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Originally posted by DelMelo
    The last few days I've had a terrible time trying to get connected. System holds at "signing on" then times out and does a soft reset.

Where are you and when did you have the trouble?

Monday my trial period expired so Sprint threw the switch and my service went South. I couldn't connect to the web or make a call from about 9AM-5PM in the heart of Manhattan (23rd and Lexington area). Kept getting silence and/or fast busy on the phone side, wouldn't connect to Vision or would reset on the web side.

May just have been one of "those" Sprint outages. Or, as the previous poster noted, more chronic. I have recently encountered the "soft resets" but again, don't know whether they will turn out to be the chronic ones or were just related to my personal outage.

=NLK=
  4.    #4  
    I'm in downtown Manhattan. Followed the advice on the board recommended above and now all seems to be better -- well, for the time being.

Specifically the advice was:

1. Go to Preferences>Network
    2. If you are "connected," click "disconnect"
    3. Once you are disconnected, select Sprint Provisioning from the dropdown list at the top left
    4. Click "connect"
    5. Once the arrows have changed from green to gray, click "disconnect"
    6. Select your Vision username from the same dropdown list and click connect
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I'm in downtown Manhattan. Followed the advice on the board recommended above and now all seems to be better -- well, for the time being.

Specifically the advice was:

1. Go to Preferences>Network
    2. If you are "connected," click "disconnect"
    3. Once you are disconnected, select Sprint Provisioning from the dropdown list at the top left
    4. Click "connect"
    5. Once the arrows have changed from green to gray, click "disconnect"
    6. Select your Vision username from the same dropdown list and click connect
    Yea, I saw that post. Thanks for letting me know that it works for you.

I'm sure you understand the reluctance I have in fiddling with the Treo's network settings, especially since the problems I experienced Monday were coupled with voice side difficulties. If, however, I continue to get the soft reset/connection Vision problems WITHOUT concomitant Voice issues I will try the fix.

Can't make it worse, eh?

=NLK=

I have that same problem periodically... seems like the system must be down, but I don't know why it does a reset. Hopefully they will get these bugs worked out soon....
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama