1.    #1  
    I''ve been happily using my Treo 300 since Saturday but it occurred to me yesterday that I was now in my 400 anytime minutes time slot, not the virtually unlimited 2000 night+weekend minutes slot, so perhaps I ought to be careful how I use the wireless network things like business connect, blazer, etc.

I suppose I could go ask Sprint, but thought I'd ask here: does vision time count in my phone usage minutes?

Thanks!
    -Peter

PS. I'd use the SprintPCS web to check my usage but since I'm a long-term sprint customer and the change to vision constitutes a plan change my usage data isn't available until the start of my next billing cycle...
    all of the reps at sprint that I have asked have told me that it does not count against your talk time minutes
    Nope. Vision usage does not count towards your minutes.

Be careful though, I read one guys story that he thought he was accessing the internet via Vision but he was actually dialing in to some service provider somehow, or something weird happened, and he ended up using his minutes and resulting in a huge bill.

But as long as you've got things configured correctly, Vision does not use your minutes.

Josh
    Originally posted by joshuajestelle
    Nope. Vision usage does not count towards your minutes.

Be careful though, I read one guys story that he thought he was accessing the internet via Vision but he was actually dialing in to some service provider somehow, or something weird happened, and he ended up using his minutes and resulting in a huge bill.

Yep that was me, 719.00 in charges to be exact. Of course Sprint deleted the charges. My TREO was also dialing "O" (operator)assisted calls, before connecting to each web page which resulted in 731 calls on my bill and 718 were "O". It appears that if the TREO is incorrectly programed then it can dual boot into the 2G and 3G network. I am getting ready to go to Sprint and exchange the phone.
    I had to contact numerous CS and Web techs, who at times were very helpful in issuing credits. I did speak to a female who was rude and hung up on me. Finally I called and got a Tech who traced the call as I connected to vision and verified that the handset is inoperable.
    Bottom line if I use blazer right this moment it will deduct from my anytime minutes. I was also in the original poster's shoes, I had no way of knowing because my minutes did not update until the next billing cycle.
    Hope this helps.
    a2rob

But as long as you've got things configured correctly, Vision does not use your minutes.

Josh
    I took my treo back to the Sprint store today. They stated that they would have to reinstall all of the software back to factory settings, re-provisioned the phone,

I left the phone at the store overnight apparently, one of the techs who is a friend stated that he had to d/l some NEW software from a secure sight and must get authorization from another office. States that this software suppose to fix issues associated w/ the treo.

The sprint store in Victoria Tx has some of the best, respectful employees that I have ever seen. Everyone in the store was really concerned especially when I showed them my invoice for 719.00. One of the employees even stated that since I had to drive 65 miles and leave the phone that she would see that I receive some additional credits for my expenses.
    I am already missing that phone, it was just convient to read cnn and cnet on the phone.
    a2rob