1.    #1  
    I've been a Palm diehard ever since the Vx. I have had 3 Treos, the last being the 700p.

When Palm abandoned its users by not making WebOS backward compatible, it was a slap in the face to its long-time users. I refused to go WebOS, along with many others (who I'm sure went at first to the iPhone, then to Android as well).

Now look at WebOS. Good job Palm! At least you took the money and dove off that sinking ship. HP? Great business decisions!

RIP, and good riddance!
    My first time back to treo central for a while. I am still using treo 700 p. It is amazing it does many things like the Iphone--think apps. That was one of the great things about tero it had the palm apps. Now it looks like it is all gone. So I guess it will have to be a android or an apple phone replacement. I also just read here about e reader rather than kindle. Yes I was reading The Flat Earth on my tero when the reading lite did not work on a trip from china--years before kindle. Long live my palm tero 700.

Thougths on android vs i phone
    Quote Originally Posted by vitb9doc View Post
    Already several threads about this. Please use one of those and not hi-jack another's thread. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr View Post
    I've been a Palm diehard ever since the Vx. I have had 3 Treos, the last being the 700p.

When Palm abandoned its users by not making WebOS backward compatible, it was a slap in the face to its long-time users. I refused to go WebOS, along with many others (who I'm sure went at first to the iPhone, then to Android as well).

Now look at WebOS. Good job Palm! At least you took the money and dove off that sinking ship. HP? Great business decisions!

RIP, and good riddance!
    Um... They DID make it backwards compatible by offering the Palm Classic app. WebOS was written from scratch crime the bottom up and simply could jot natively support the classic stuff without an app (which they offered all of us old PalmOS users)
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Um... They DID make it backwards compatible by offering the Palm Classic app. WebOS was written from scratch crime the bottom up and simply could jot natively support the classic stuff without an app (which they offered all of us old PalmOS users)
    Well they kinda sorta did, I believe it was offered by a third party programmer, then Palm/HP even gave them the boot.
    Terry
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vitb9doc View Post
    My first time back to treo central for a while. I am still using treo 700 p. It is amazing it does many things like the Iphone--think apps. That was one of the great things about tero it had the palm apps. Now it looks like it is all gone. So I guess it will have to be a android or an apple phone replacement. I also just read here about e reader rather than kindle. Yes I was reading The Flat Earth on my tero when the reading lite did not work on a trip from china--years before kindle. Long live my palm tero 700.

I agree, I am still using a Treo 755p, best PDA ever made!!
    My thought on Android VS iPhone, I have an iPod touch, an iPhone with out the radio, and my son and his wife both have Androids, in my opinion they both suck as a PDA, just fancy eye candy, and a way for Y generation to waist more time!
    Terry