1.    #1  
    Last time I checked out Datebook replacements on my old Palm III, I ended up staying with the original.

This time, I am trying DateBook5 and Agendus.

I started out assuming that I would prefer DB5 since everyone raves about it with such enthusiasm, but so far I find I like Agendus (Glad they changed that confusing former name of ActionNames) better. Everything seems to be more intuitive for me, especially setting preferences.

If I end up choosing it over DB5, I will feel kind of guilty, like I should apologize to those poor gorillas or something.

Regards,

NateS
    I have been using Agendus (ActionNames) for a long time and I love it. It is cleaner and simpler to use and works great. I think you made the right choice.

I am still in my 45 day trial of Datebook5. At this point, I think I am going to pay up and keep it. I like its presentations and I like having alarms for to do items. I have not tried Agendus so I can't compare it.
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by Brooose
    I am still in my 45 day trial of Datebook5. At this point, I think I am going to pay up and keep it. I like its presentations and I like having alarms for to do items. I have not tried Agendus so I can't compare it.
    Before you make that decision, I'd highly recommend that you also try the Agendus demo. Things I had to struggle with in DB5 are very easy to set up in Agendus, and the bonus is the neat strip of quick goto buttons, breaking up the alphabet into small chunks, at the top of the contacts screen, something I hadn't even been looking for when considering the calendar portions of these programs.

(You can have both demos installed on your handheld at the same time, and just have to pick and change the one to assign to the calendar button when trying them both out "side-by-side" so to speak.)

If I pick Agendus, maybe I'll just send the gorillas a snack instead. What do you suppose they eat?

Regards,
    NateS
    I just installed the Agendus demo and during the set, I had an ugly crash. Not a hard reset but I had to manually do a soft reset....maybe I should just stick to Datebook5 for now......sigh
    ok, here's a question for you datebook mavens. i have been using the built in calendar with yahoo's online calendar because i mostly am at my desk, and i can sync the phone with yahoo using yahoo's version of intellisync.

any thoughts on whether agendus or datebook5 would similarly sync up? email reminders are most important to me because i get them at my desk wherever i am... email is my addiction, not the palm.

i went to agendus' site and they integrate with the palm desktop and outlook so i guess i could sync one then sync yahoo with that...

any thoughts?
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    I love your picture of the pug with your Treo. I have got to get a picture of Iggy (my pug) with mine and get it with my name of the board.
    Originally posted by aarons12
    ok, here's a question for you datebook mavens. i have been using the built in calendar with yahoo's online calendar because i mostly am at my desk, and i can sync the phone with yahoo using yahoo's version of intellisync.

any thoughts on whether agendus or datebook5 would similarly sync up? email reminders are most important to me because i get them at my desk wherever i am... email is my addiction, not the palm.

i went to agendus' site and they integrate with the palm desktop and outlook so i guess i could sync one then sync yahoo with that...

any thoughts?
    Agendus syncs up just fine for me with my desktop Outlook. Agendus also integrates wonderfully with my contacts and to do's. I love it.
  9. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Originally posted by aarons12 any thoughts on whether agendus or datebook5 would similarly sync up?
    I've used Datebk3/4/5 for quite a while now, and I think the same applies to Agendus; the way it works, it uses the built-in date book database, so everything syncs the same. With Datebk5, at least, the most you'll notice are random strings of code in the note fields (normally about 1 line or so).
  10. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Q

I've used Datebk3/4/5 for quite a while now, and I think the same applies to Agendus; the way Datebk5 works, it uses the built-in date book database, so everything syncs the same. With Datebk5, at least, the most you'll notice on the desktop/web side are random strings of code in the note fields (normally about 1 line or so). Works very well.
  11.    #11  
    Just got a note back from a great techsupport person at Iambic acknowleding that they were able to reproduce my problem and will work to correct it, to-wit:

If all 3 phone number field labels are set to "Other" then Dial will not work on the Treo with Agendus.

So in the meantime, since I otherwise love this program, is there anyone who can advise me of any possible way of changing the label on a phone number field across all contact records in one swoop, from "Other" to say "Home" or "Work" or whatever?

Regards,

NateS