Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Anyone know of a hack or other program that would help to keep the treo 300 from accidentally turning on? This happens often when carrying the phone in the pocket of my pants, then my battery runs down. Some cases can also cause this. Seems to me that a useful hack could prompt the user to confirm on turning the phone on. The same could do the same to prevent accidentally turning the phone off as well.

www.bprojects.com
    Either Stretch or Treo Tools (http://www.notifymail.com/palm/#treotools)
    could help by having a fixed point in every day when the phone turns off. This way, the maximum amount of time the phone would be on would be less than 24 hours.
    Wouldn't the general "Auto Off" feature of every palm pilot handle this as well...say set it for 1 minute and the most the phone could be on (without addition key presses) would be 1 minute. This is assuming that the keys are not continuously pressed down in which case you need to find a better way to carry your Treo!
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Just to clarify, I am looking for a way to prevent accidentally turning on (or off) the phone function (not the PDA function). The button on top is too easy to press accidentially. I recall a version of the palm prompted a program called stayoff hack. I also noticed the Treo 90 has such a feature. Pressing and holding the power button activates a "keyboard lock" to prevent the Treo 90 from accidental turn on. Most cell phones have such a feature built in. I wonder why they seemed to leave it off the Treo 300. (Perhaps it is still there, but is just not accessible.)
    Last edited by mbaker911; 11/11/2002 at 09:05 PM.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    There is a beta version of StayOffHack that works with the Treo. Email the author for the program.