1.    #1  
    I've had my Treo 300 since August but only recently I have noticed a disturbing problem. I have trouble getting and holding a signal in wireless mode. Lately I will attempt to turn OFF the wireless mode and then turn it back on again to see if reconnecting helps. But when I turn it off the red light keeps blinking and it seems to be hung. So I have to do a soft reset. Then, and only then, I am able to reconnect and find a signal. This is very frustrating. It seems to happen to me about twice a day. Does this sound like a SPRINT issue or a TREO 300 issue?

Is anybody else experiencing this?

My battery is also draining very quickly and I suspect it is because it is always hunting for a signal... I don't mind that so much because it is easy for me to charge up but the issue of getting hung with "no signal" is driving me nuts.
    Thanks.

I have recently had the same problem.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Yep, this is a common problem.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I recently had the same problem when I visited Orlando from Miami. I called Sprint and after several transfers and time spent on hold I finally got a technician who was helpful. They had me run some tests and configuration screens. They finally did something and had me do a wireless POWER OFF. I had to leave it off for 15 min and soon after power it back ON. This seem to do the trick and since then havent had anymore issues. Unsure if this helps you out in anyway but this is my experience. Enjoy!
    I had the problem really bad in my office. It was very repeatable as well. Then I had my Treo300 replaced by Sprint because of a really bad cover wobble problem.

Guess what? The new one does _not_ seem to have the same problem under the same conditions.

So, this problem appears to affect some Treo300s and not others.
    Can you explain the cover wobble issue? My cover is lose when open, but stays open. Seems to move real freely when open. Only a couple of mm though. I have the same hung connection problem in my office and a wireless shut down and restart seems to work. If I place flat on the desk and not in the holster, I seem to not have any issues. Single is also week when the connection is hung.

Thanks.
    My wireless data was working fine. Then I called *2 about a bad bill. The tech told me that the computer was telling her that my phone needed an updated roaming table downloaded to it, and that I'd have to call back and Claire would update it for me. So being the Lemming that I am I called back. It took Claire about 5 minutes to update my roaming table. Since then my coverage has decreased considerably. In addition, I can regularily have a full signal but be unable to connect for data. But, if I turn the wireless off and then right back on then the wireless connection will work flawlessly.

Dunc
    Same problem also happened to me (with a full battery) when I traveled to Montreal, QC from New York. I could not get any wireless connection. When I tried to turn the phone off, it would not. I just left it like this thinking I would take care of it after coming back from the restaurant. Upon my return, the battery was almost dead. I did a soft reset but still could not get the wireless connection.

Now, I wonder if I should take the plunge and get my roaming table updated. I am not sure it's worth the additional potential problems this might have?!
    Originally posted by sberg
    Can you explain the cover wobble issue? My cover is lose when open, but stays open. Seems to move real freely when open. Only a couple of mm though. I have the same hung connection problem in my office and a wireless shut down and restart seems to work. If I place flat on the desk and not in the holster, I seem to not have any issues. Single is also week when the connection is hung.

Thanks.
    My cover was very loose when open. Its range of motion was closer to 5 mm. It was really annoying to feel it flopping around while talking on it. The new one moves a little, but it is not nearly so bad.

My old one also exhibited the no network problem when left in my pocket while sitting at my desk, but would keep network if laying on desk. I think the network conditions were such that just the extra foot of altitude made the difference.
    I have he same problem and it started to happen once a day ..

I talked to a level 2 sprint tech yesterday and he said that he was not aware of the problem.

He told me that it sounded like it is a handspring problem has anyone tried talking to them about it ?
    It only happened to me once... I thought it was just me so I decided not to call it in at the time. It may be time to call in a trouble ticket however! If anyone does, please post the trouble ticket number on here so the rest of us can reference it when we call.
    I am having the same problem with the Treo getting in a "hung" state.. It also sucked the battery totally flat in about 2 hours in this mode! Since then I have charged it twice and my battery life seems to have been appreciably shortened!

I have Basejet installed and am on a constant data connection with polling every 30 minutes but this has not affected battery life before!
    Regards - Randy "Thumper-7"

Sprint's Customer Service will eventually put them out of business!
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I have had this same problem on my Treo...basically what it is is the wireless radio (phone part) locks up, and since it is separate from the Palm part, only a press of the reset button fixes it...if I try a soft reset from within x-master, it won't fix the "no signal" problem, I have to use a pin to press the reset button...this resets the entire hardware combo...

When it locks up, it is usually due to a freeze on the Palm, and since I have many hacks and programs installed, it's not a big deal...although the first few times it happened, i couldn't figure it out...I would turn off the phone after it told me it couldn't find a signal, and the red light would keep flashing and after about an hour or so, the Treo was very hot and the battery was about 80% depleted...

Weird problem, but I guess we have to live with it...

CK
    I dont think this is a problem we can live with.. I need a phone for my job .. I miss a call and its trouble ..

do we have to keep looking at our phone evey ten minutes to see if we have a signal ?????

they sold us a phone it should work.. this is a problem that handspring should be working on and working on FAST
    It looks to me like people are describing two different problems on this thread. The first is where the Treo loses network, and will never find it again until you do a soft reset. The second is where it locks when you try to turn it off.

My first Treo had the _first_ problem, but did not lock when I tried to turn it off. There is a very long thread on this at

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...ighlight=Radio

My second Treo (replaced for unrelated reasons) does _not_ exhibit this problem. Perhaps those who have the problem should insist on a replacement Treo.