1.    #1  
    FYI. It appears that SPCS has posted an upgrade to the BC app for the Treo. Version 5.0.5.1 is available by logging onto bc.sprintpcs.com, clicking on Settings and then downloading from there.
    Anyone who downloads this, let us know what if anything is new or useful in this version - ? I decided to use TreoMail after testing it for a while, (and after having used BC since I got the Treo back in August) and am curious if there's any good stuff in the new BC version....
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by nrosser
    Anyone who downloads this, let us know what if anything is new or useful in this version - ? I decided to use TreoMail after testing it for a while, (and after having used BC since I got the Treo back in August) and am curious if there's any good stuff in the new BC version....
    It appears that the functionality is the same as in the previous release, therefore I am assuming there must be some internal changes to the software. Since SPCS does not post release notes, it's difficult to be able to pinpoint what changes from release to release.
    While it LOOKs the same, the difference is that it WORKS. Outgoing replies now actually get to thier destination. Unfortunatly, after sending the message still does not end up in the sent mail folder in Outlook. One step at a time I suppose......As long as they are not charging me for the privledge of beta testing this, I am glad to do so.

James
    Woooo Hooooo! Finally I can send email from BC. Now we're closer to a solution. If we could only run business connection without having to leave your computer on & connected to outlook at the office, we'd be styling! ANyway, good catch on the upgrade.
    There's another version of BC which doesn't require you to leave a PC running at the office. It's called BC Enterprise Edition.
    Yeah, but the enterprise edition is way more involved - it requires administration and approval from corporate IT staff. If only there was a good web browser that could deal with exchange webmail java... or something like that.
    Interesting - whereas I had no problems with the previous version, I can no longer send email with the new version. It looks like it sends, but it doesn't. This sucks.
    Having been burned with problems the last time Sprint upgraded BC, I'm steering clear until someone says there are features that I absolutely need. In the meantime, no thanks.