Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    While obviously not a permanent solution, the situation for me became so unbearable that I finally disabled the Install conduit within HotSync. Since I sync with both my work peecee and home Mac, I rarely have to install anything on the Mac anyway.
    I do not have Mac op, but have had USB Hot Sync problem. Not sure your problem is Avant Go. I fixed USB problem and still have Avant Go with no changes. You may want to see my post.
  3.    #23  
    I noticed that when I tell install and backup conduits to do nothing, run a full hotsync with all other conduits, and then try and install software, it does not try and reinstall everything. Its not a complete fix, but a reasonable solution.
    I have found that the Backup conduit is the culprit in the slow syncs. Disable your backup once and try sync'ing... Mine's lightning fast.

My personal work around:
    I am switching Backup off and manually backing up once a week (or when I have 10 minutes to kill by a sync).

Question:
    Does anyone know of an app that can do this for me (schedule backups)?
    I'm on OS 10.2 also...
  5.    #25  
    Hmm well its nice the post is continuing Theres always another problem however. Now I find with palm desktop 4.1 it installs some completly irrelevent system update everytime. The update doesn't actually run on the palm and I delete with no problem except the entire thing is an annoyance. The actual file on my computer that is synced, I have been unable to find. I don't know where palm desktop finds things like this but it must be very good at it.

And this is all while that initial problems remains with avantgo and backup. Ya, disabling backup does work, I just wish that syncing with the mac worked as flawless as I've seen on the PC. Is there anyone that really has had great palm to mac syncing?? Honestly now...
    ^

Did you look in the backup or install folder? Try manually deleting this update from there, if there is one.
  7.    #27  
    I've checked both folders, nothing turned up unless the file is under an odd name. My palms refers to it as install 3.5.3 or something like that. Right after the hotsync completes it tells me the obvious that the install is incompatible with my device and I should delete it, which of course causes it to send the file again at the next install sync.
    Originally posted by CmdrGuard
    I've checked both folders, nothing turned up unless the file is under an odd name. My palms refers to it as install 3.5.3 or something like that. Right after the hotsync completes it tells me the obvious that the install is incompatible with my device and I should delete it, which of course causes it to send the file again at the next install sync.
    You will find the answer at:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...ight=installer

a thread entitled: "What is the curse of Installer 3.5.3?"

By the way, Handspring told me they thought it was left over and copied from my old Palm IIIc when I switched to my Treo and copied everything over.

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    Originally posted by CmdrGuard
    Hmm well its nice the post is continuing Theres always another problem however. Now I find with palm desktop 4.1 it installs some completly irrelevent system update everytime. The update doesn't actually run on the palm and I delete with no problem except the entire thing is an annoyance. The actual file on my computer that is synced, I have been unable to find. I don't know where palm desktop finds things like this but it must be very good at it.

And this is all while that initial problems remains with avantgo and backup. Ya, disabling backup does work, I just wish that syncing with the mac worked as flawless as I've seen on the PC. Is there anyone that really has had great palm to mac syncing?? Honestly now...
    My synchs work flawlessly on my iMacs, but I'm using OS 9.2.2

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    I have a Treo 300 and Palm M130. When I ran Windows 98, I had no problem syncing both units via USB 1.1 and my Pentium II 450 MHZ chip via the Belkin USB Hub. However, when I bought a new PC from Dell a couple of months ago with Windows XP Professional, SP1 already loaded, USB 2.0(which is real fast)and that new Pentium IV 3.06 Chip, I instantly had problems syncing my Treo via USB. It would constantly crash and freeze XP when it got to the point of backing up my databases and programs. It would also corrupt my Datebook, Address Book, Memo databases on occasion via my Palm Desktop Software. (That was easy to restore via Network Hotsync.) I tried almost everything except unplugging all my USB devices except the TREO one and rebooting my PC. I even went on Handsprings site and downloaded their USB registry utility. Fortunately, Network Hotsyncs went well via Sprint's network, however. But they take long.

My Solution: I bought a Treo serial hotsync cable and now I no
    longer have any Hotsync problems. I sync my Palm M130 via USB 2.0 and my Treo via Serial. I use the adapter that came with my USB cable to charge my Treo via serial.

I downloaded the most recent Treo Desktop software from Handsprings site.

I've been through a lot of Palm handhelds over the years. My first was a Palm IIIx that I bought in the summer of 1999. I've also owned and enjoyed a Palm IIIc, Handera 330, Palm M130 and Treo 300. The Treo 300 is by far the best.
    I just had an agonizing night trying to diagnose the reinstall issue on my treo 600. I narrowed it down to avantgo modem syncing and now the problem seems to be gone after uninstalling avantgo. what a bummer. AG has some good features, but the reinstalling rendered my treo useless since the restore always overwrote handheld, erasing all new data entered since the last complete hotsync.

BTW I am on mac osx 10.2.8
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12