1.    #1  
    It seems like there are a whole lot of rebates and price reductions available on the Treo.

Do you think Handspring is worried about other ( and possibly superior) phones that might be coming out before christmas?
    It was way over priced from the introduction. Just getting in line before the competitors hit the market for the Holidays.
    MRL-MO
    I was hoping maybe it was b/c HS may be coming out with a POS 5 version of the TREO!! Does anyone know of any rumors to this effect?
  4. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    My hunch is it's the way they're doing lower prices for the holiday season.
    Yep. They are lowering the price for the Holiday shoppers without actually lowering the price. As to the Treo being overpriced, I think it does way more (other than being only single band) than my old Kyo 6035 did for the same money.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    I was hoping maybe it was b/c HS may be coming out with a POS 5 version of the TREO!! Does anyone know of any rumors to this effect?
    gfunkmagic, you brought up a good point. HS has been pretty quite lately. I know it's "not in their business practice" to announce products before they are available, but one has to wonder. I can't think of any news releases HS has made towards OS5.

Unfortunately I will have to agree with the other posts. Christmas buying season is here! Yea!!

--Dave
    Does anyone know whether the current Treo 300s will be upgradeable if and when Palm OS 5 becomes available?
    Dewnay
  8. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Originally posted by dewnay
    Does anyone know whether the current Treo 300s will be upgradeable if and when Palm OS 5 becomes available?
    No. OS 5 requires an ARM processor, and all Treos have Dragonballs.
    In technology, as in romance, there is always something newer coming along, but who wants to be a lifetime bachelor?

Whoops, maybe a bad analogy these days.

Regards,
    NateS

10. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Maybe a bad analogy, but still a good sentiment.
    Well in the latest in the Comdex news item on the main web site -- Ed Colligan -- one of the big shots at Handspring had some pretty bold statements. I think we will see some nifty things int he next Treo generation Treos now that Handspring has Palm OS 5 and more powerful processors to work with. At the very least, we should see Bluetooth and memory slot.
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
    Yeah, but will they have a better quality speaker? One with real LOUD ringers and a speakerphone that doesn't sound so tinny?

And selectable ringers for SMS and VM notification? =P

I'd rather see them fix the functionality they're already selling, than add on more problematic functionality.