Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. danielppd's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
       #1  
    Is there someplace on this site that has all the links to the popular treo-enhancing software? If there is, I can't find it. If there isn't, there should be!

    Sure, I know I can search palmgear.com or the others for 'Treo', but it'd be nice to have it all in one spot.

    Just my .02 worth....

    Danielppd
  2. #2  
    Right at the top of the page "products and reviews"

    http://www.treocentral.com/content/Products/index.htm
  3. #3  
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    Right at the top of the page "products and reviews"

    http://www.treocentral.com/content/Products/index.htm
    Oh yeah. This is the subset of software that the treocentral folks have arranged with the developers to co-sell. Nothing magical or complete about this portal.

    I'd much rather type "treo" in palmgear or handango.
  4. #4  
    we live in a free market economy. if somebody develops a monopoly on something (read: everything in one place) they get sued by the justice department.

    you might have a favorite or dominant place where you buy anything (clothes, books, computers) but can you think of anything that you can only get at ONE place?

    if you think about it, would you really want only one place with no competition for price, quality, and service?

    i realize that this is somewhat philosophical, but i would not want amazon to be the only place i could buy every book...
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
  5. #5  
    Originally posted by aarons12
    we live in a free market economy. if somebody develops a monopoly on something (read: everything in one place) they get sued by the justice department.

    you might have a favorite or dominant place where you buy anything (clothes, books, computers) but can you think of anything that you can only get at ONE place?

    if you think about it, would you really want only one place with no competition for price, quality, and service?

    i realize that this is somewhat philosophical, but i would not want amazon to be the only place i could buy every book...
    Ummm - I think he was looking for links not the Big Brother software store. I do appreciate you thoughts on monopolistic business practices.
  6. #6  
    hehe... i know he was looking for links, but when someone suggested the treocentral link, his reply sort of indicated that he realized that was only the software that treocentral made money on or co-branded.

    i was just sort of expanding on that, that the same reason he was not interested in just treocentral's listing is just proof that you won't ever find all the best in one place, and should not want to.

    didn't mean to go all serious on everybody
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
  7. #7  
    Originally posted by aarons12
    hehe... i know he was looking for links, but when someone suggested the treocentral link, his reply sort of indicated that he realized that was only the software that treocentral made money on or co-branded.

    i was just sort of expanding on that, that the same reason he was not interested in just treocentral's listing is just proof that you won't ever find all the best in one place, and should not want to.

    didn't mean to go all serious on everybody
    

    Serious is appropriate - and i totally get what you were saying. i just wanted to clarify what I thought (right or wrong) the original poster was looking for.
  8. #8  
    Originally posted by treo_fanatic


    Oh yeah. This is the subset of software that the treocentral folks have arranged with the developers to co-sell. Nothing magical or complete about this portal.

    I'd much rather type "treo" in palmgear or handango.
    Actually not. While we do sell TCRinger, the product database is supposed to containt every Treo related software and accesory. This is to halp you the user better be able to compare the options available. Granted, the database hasn't been updated recently to reflect all the recent apps, but I will say again these are not paid placements.

    Hopefully we'll update it this month to be the best database of all Treo - Our VisorCentral database of springboards was the most comprehensive available...

    The nice thing about the db too is that you can review the software, treos, and accessories. You odn't have to trust what we say - get another opinion.

    When it says buy from VisorCentral, you are buying through Handago. We, like most other PDA sites, have set up a VisorCentral branded handago store. Purchases here have a small percentage that goes back to us to support the site. - This is not an exclusive thing, and we try not to push the "buy part" to much. We just are tryign to make thigns more simple!
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff

Posting Permissions