1.    #1  
    Question: Is the speakerphone volume on the Treo 300 adjustable? If so, does it remember what you last set it to the next time you use it? One of the gripes my wife has with our Samsung i300's is that the speakerphone is: a) too quiet by default, and b) after setting it to a proper level, the next time you use it it defaults back to the "too quiet" level.

Thanks,

Scott
    Yes, the speakerphone volume is adjustable via the jog dial on the side.

I'm not sure if it remembers the last volume setting...something I'll have to try

Gary
    Yes, the volume is adjustable via the jog dial or the scroll up/down hard keys during a conversation and holds the same settings until you change it.
  4.    #4  
    Gary, thanks. And please give that a try and let me know.

I guess another question would be whether or not the default speakerphone volume is plenty loud enough. It might not matter so much if it isn't memorized so long as it's plenty loud enough. I think that's the main issue with the i300's speakerphone. Not only does it not remember the last volume setting, but it defaults to a level that is rarely, if ever, loud enough.

Scott
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    Yes, the volume is adjustable via the jog dial or the scroll up/down hard keys during a conversation and holds the same settings until you change it.
    Ah...Thanks! Looks like my wife's two biggest concerns are alleviated. Now, if only it lets me get a signal in my house (which my i300 won't). I'll be shocked and elated!

Scott
    "Is it loud enough"

Yes and no! Many have complained of it having a poor speaker and my experiences have been mixed. Sometimes it's so loud I have to turn it down and other times I can't hear a darn thing and turn the volume all the way up and still can barely hear anything. So I don't know if it's dependant on the connection quality or just a poor speaker!!
    It can also depend on the environment. You never realize how loud being inside a moving car can be, until you try to actually hear somebody on a phone. Or go stand on a street corner. But then go back into the office, and everything's hunkey dorey.

I find the speakerphone is perfectly adequate for an office or home setting. I find it a little quiet in noisy environments like, say, the subway or the bus stop. But then again, it's dang rude to be subjecting your fellow passengers to a speakerphone conversation in public anyway (oh, how I wish I had an EMP gun sometimes -- you know the fantasy).

So I ain't griping. And also, I freely admit that I have sucky hearing.
    The speakerphone seems loud enough for me. Louder than my Hitachi P300 speakerphone was. But the voice quality is very very tinny. On the Hitachi, people still sounded normal. It used a seperate speaker for speakerphone though.

I can live with tinny though, especially since it comes with a headset and when I do need speakerphone, it's loud enough.