1.    #1  
    I'm a current Sprint customer, and don't want to change my phone number (too many people have it, too much hassle changing it, new business cards, school contacts, etc.). I haven't taken the Treo plunge yet for a couple of reasons. What I'm most curious about with the 300 is:

1. What is the realistic battery life/talk time that folks are getting?
    2. Is it feasible to completely replace my current Samsung 8500 with the Treo? I don't want to carry 2 phones, and I'm concerned that the relatively low battery life will end up being a hindrance.

I travel fairly often in the States, and I need the phone to always work. I can carry a charger, but its not always possible to plug in the phone to charge it during the day.
    According to CNET (http://computers.cnet.com/hardware/0...tml?tag=rating)

"As with the 270, we were satisfied with the 300's battery life. In our tests using Sprint's network in New York and San Francisco, we managed to exceed Handspring's rated talk time of 2.5 hours by almost 30 minutes, and we came close to hitting the five days of rated standby time."

I've also had similar results. Hope this helps.
    I am getting my T300 on Tuesday and I had the same question. Talk time is great, but what about the pda lifetime. I currently have a SCH 8500 and a m505 and I use both alot. Will using the phone for the 2.5-3 hours or so kill my battery so I loose my data, or is smart enough not to let me get that low?
    Screw a mobile number!
    I have an offfice number, and only give it out , but never give out my mobile #.When I'm out, after 2 rings, it forwards to my mobile #, No one has my mobile #, and contacting me is as easy as just one number.
    Seems fine to me. I do keep mine close to a charger - either the desk cradle or a car charger, but it's fine, in my opinion. The Treo's battery is probably not as good as either the Palm or the 8500's, but it should last all day (at least) with tons of usage on either the phone or the Palm or web/e-mail.
    Make the jump - you won't regret it.
  6.    #6  
    I did make the jump yesterday. Had the 300 up and running afer a 15 minute wait on hold. Same number as before, web browsing works. 800 minutes and unlimited data for $60.

I took a look at my usage patterns, and figured that I would have to charge every day. Shouldn't be too hard to get used to. It came with both a plug in charger and a car charger. I'll probably get a cradle at some point as well.
    Originally posted by Handspring
    I am getting my T300 on Tuesday and I had the same question. Talk time is great, but what about the pda lifetime. I currently have a SCH 8500 and a m505 and I use both alot. Will using the phone for the 2.5-3 hours or so kill my battery so I loose my data, or is smart enough not to let me get that low?
    The only time I had a problem with the battery running down was when I was using the Treo300 to take notes during a day-long seminar. I never used my phone although I did use TreoMail (very convenient when in a seminar). I did not lose any data even though it basically shut down on me after about 4 hours of nearly continuous note-taking. This was a time that I wish I had that piggy-back battery I have heard about that is supposed to come out soon. Considering you are running a PDA and cell phone on one battery, it is not bad. Makes me chuckle when I see folks asking for MP3 capabilities as well!