1.    #1  
    i have called sprint pcs various times regarding my phones inability to receive sms messages. which should be a standard feature. is anyone else having this problem? tech support can't seem to help - any suggestions?
    I had the problem. Around the time for my 6th call it started working.

The final fix wasn't anything the rep did for me directly. Rather, he just put in a trouble ticket for an engineer to look at it. About 2 hours later it started working.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for your advice. I finally got someone from Tier 2 to put in a ticket for me and my SMS finally works - I am actually receiving as of this afternoon. Too bad my 5 day trial with TreoSMS ran out. Are you waiting for Sprint to enable our phones to send SMS or did you pay for the TreoSMS license.
    Just Curious.
    The same thing happend to me earlier this week. Unfortunately, now that my SMS is working, I'm getting a whole bunch of spam/junk sms messages. The only thing I can think of is that I went to www.txtmsg.com and gave them my address to do a test message. I'm not sure if it was them that gave my number to spammers, but it's the only place I gave my number to. Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions for stopping junk SMS messages? Thanks.
  5. msc
    After several phone calls to Sprint, SMS is now working on my Treo - somewhat. I receive notification that I was sent an SMS, but I'm never actually able to see the message. Is this something with Sprint's site or do I need to spend another couple of hours on hold with the Sprint reps?
    Originally posted by msc
    After several phone calls to Sprint, SMS is now working on my Treo - somewhat. I receive notification that I was sent an SMS, but I'm never actually able to see the message. Is this something with Sprint's site or do I need to spend another couple of hours on hold with the Sprint reps?
    Welcome to Sprintland. I think you are getting SMS message notifications. Now you need to get PDA Apps' Treo300SMS to actually pull those messages in to your device, or you can go to the sprint manage site from your computer and read the messages there.
  7. msc
    Originally posted by treo_fanatic

Welcome to Sprintland. I think you are getting SMS message notifications. Now you need to get PDA Apps' Treo300SMS to actually pull those messages in to your device, or you can go to the sprint manage site from your computer and read the messages there.
    Hmmm...downloaded the trial version of Treo300SMS v0.4. Still not pulling the messages to my Treo. It says it's initiating the retrieval, but I never see the messages.

Also, am I supposed to be able to send a one-way text message to the Treo? It always gives me the error message. It says the same thing for another SprintPCS phone that I have.

Thanks!
    Hello All-

As some have mentioned, Treo300SMS is the correct fix for the problem. It's fairly inexpensive, and it allows you to SEND and recieve messages from the Treo. Even if Sprint fixes your original problem, you can only recieve SMS messages, not send.

As a side note, if and when you get Treo300SMS, be forewarned, if a user sends you a message, who is in your Short List on Sprint's SMS site, you cannot get the message. If you download Treo300SMS, you need to clear the people off of your Sprint SMS short list on their site.

Happy messaging!
    how do you clear your sms short list?
    Log onto www.sprintpcs.com and go to Email. Then go to messaging. Then go to "Short List". Check the names in the list you want to delete and hit "Delete", or "Remove".