Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    I was not able to get the free graffiti from Handspring, any luck out there. After I put the serial # in, it tells me to go to the main page at sprintpcs.com???
    I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who couldn't figure this out…I'll be watching for some clearer instructions myself.
    Hi guys.

I just got RecoEcho™ Plus from HS's website.

First, go support page from top, then go to download, then for your handheld.

http://support.handspring.com/esuppo...ndheldSoftware

Then you'll see the DL button of RecoEcho™ Plus is red color. Click it and type your treo's serial #.

After that you will be taken to same download page and it'll say "try sprintpcs.com if you use treo300" or something like that.

Don't care about it, and go RecoEcho™ Plus part of the page. You'll see the Green color of the DL button.
    This time you can download the software.

I hope this works as my situation.

coelacanth
    Apparently I am completely blind.

Using the link above, I find myself back at the same page I always get when trying to find RecoEdit. It is the one with Eyecontact and a bunch of games. Nowhere is the ReconEdit download.

What kind of dynamic download pages are on the Handspring site?

PG
    Well I just figured it out, and I guess I can say I was blind(ed).

Hopefully this will help others.

The reason I could not see the RecoEdit download is because Handspring does have a dynamic page set up to show only the download for the selected product.

Even though I entered my Treo 300 serial number, it was bringing me to the Visor Platinum download page. I'm not sure why it selected that product, as I've used the site for Treo 300 downloads before and have never selected the Visor.

In any case I happend to see the Visor in the upper right corner, with a small button called "Change Product".

I clicked on that which brought me to a full product line page. I then chose the Treo 300 which brought me to the main Treo 300 page.

I chose the "Downloads" button, and then the "Software for your Handheld" button and was brought to the Treo 300 download page which had ReconEdit with a red download button.

I clicked on the red download button and then had to enter my serial number again, and then was brought back to the download page where the ReconEdit download button was now green.

Clicked on that and the download came through.

Very strange that every method I used to get to this page always brought me to the Visor downloads. I tried the link listed in the news article on the front page of TreoCentral. I tried from the Handspring announcement. I treid from links in this thread and others. All of them always either brought to the serial number page which brought me to the wrong page, or directly to the wrong page.

My own statement about them having a dynamic page setup made me go back and look one more time.

Now, I'm off to install RecoEdit and we'll see if it was worth search, or if I would have been better off just continuing to use NewPen (which works great by the way).

PG
    I've used Jot and NewPen and just downloaded and started using RecoEdit.
    Newpen is great in that you can toggle it on or off on most apps (it will get tripped on or off by accident if the app has a button in the sane place), but I believe it does make the Treo unstable..
    RecoEdit, on the other hand, is much easier to use if you do alot of selecting text. The only irritating feature is the use of an upward \ stroke to initiate punctuation. For me, it's worth adopting the \ , because the text highlighting becomes so easy.
    The only thing I've found unstable about NewPen 1.4 is it causes crashes in certain PQAs when it is enabled during the use of those PQAs. Otherwise it has been rock solid for my use.

Really the only reason I decided to even try RecoEdit, when NewPen has worked well for me, is RecoEdit's nonstandard stroke to turn on punctuation.

While NewPen is more true to Graffiti in this sense, by using a dot to turn punctuation on, it gets in the way when attempting to move the input cursor, or select text. I felt it would be easy to adapt to RecoEdit's stoke and retain easy cursor placement and text selection.

PG
    The only thing I've found unstable about NewPen 1.4 is it causes crashes in certain PQAs when it is enabled during the use of those PDAs. Otherwise it has been rock solid for my use.

Really the only reason I decided to even try RecoEdit, when NewPen has worked well for me, is RecoEdit's nonstandard stroke to turn on punctuation.

While NewPen is more true to Graffiti in this sense, by using a dot to turn punctuation on, it gets in the way when attempting to move the input cursor, or select text. I felt it would be easy to adapt to RecoEdit's stoke and retain easy cursor placement and text selection.

PG
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I have downloaded and installed the free RecoEdit. The only thing I believe it will be useful for is entering the shortcut character. However, after using the app to make this character, it doesn't work. It replaces my penstroke (fingerstroke) with the shortcut character, but then the shortcut function doesn't seem to kick in.

Anyone else have this problem ?
    I have noticed that if you draw the shortcut symbol using the screen (jot or other sw) and then try to use the keyboard to enter the shortcut letters, it does NOT work, you have to enter the letters using grafitti for them to work....

anyone else experience this ? and why is this the case ?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Boy, I thought I was going crazy... I have been trying off and on all day to find the link for RecoEdit, I thought something was wrong with the site...

I'm glad some of you were able to figure this out...I really miss Grafitti, I got used to it on my Samsung I-300...

CK
    Wow - The original posting of the news item misnamed this product as RecoEdit and it seems to have stuck - this product is actually called RecoEcho plus or RecoEcho+ and is a CIC software product.

Handspring site does not deal with serial number checks very well but still free software is free software. I dont think this download is of any use to anyone with other Palm OS products.

There is a cookie on the Handspring support site which stores your product choice from the first time you enter the site. If you choose Treo 300 as your product, the next time you go back it remembers and filters content for that product only. Nice touch.