Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    I signed up for vision on October 24th w/ unlimited vision. Bought a Treo300. Reviewed my bill online today and 719.00 was charged.
    Most of the charges were wireless web minutes
    Customer service states that although I have unlimited vision, only THREE sites support vision:
    www.Handspring.com
    www.handango.com
    www.pdapps.som.

    Any other sites such as CNN or this site on the TREO is counted as wireless web and uses daytime minutes. This is not what was explained when I purchased the phone 13 days ago. Can someone help me to clarify the Vision unlimited plan?
    I was thinking that Vision was data and seperate from voice
    Thanks
    a2rob
  2. #2  
    Not sure who you talked to at SPCS (no) customer service, but their answer was BS. ALL sites are accessible (didn't say they were readable, just accessible). You shouldn't be charged any WW minutes, since you are using Vision. Call them back and ask for the 3G support (specially trained data customer service reps).
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by sbcrair
    Not sure who you talked to at SPCS (no) customer service, but their answer was BS. ALL sites are accessible (didn't say they were readable, just accessible). You shouldn't be charged any WW minutes, since you are using Vision. Call them back and ask for the 3G support (specially trained data customer service reps).
    I guess I failed to fully understand Vision. If I have say CNN bookmarked in blazer and I click on it, I thought that I was using vision, but in fact I am wireless web minutes which counts aginst my anytime minutes. The TREO shows connecting to vision.So what is the 10.00 unlimited vision for?

    Thanks for any help that anyone can provide.
    a2rob
  4. #4  
    You should not be using WW...should only be using the Vision ($10.00 unlimited data) when you use Blazer. Only thing I can think of is that you have your network services set up wrong (so that it is using the old 2G WW with the circuit-switched network instead of the 3G 1xRTT network). I'm not enough of an expert on this to tell you how to get it set up right...someone on here should be able to help, though...be patient!
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by sbcrair
    You should not be using WW...should only be using the Vision ($10.00 unlimited data) when you use Blazer. Only thing I can think of is that you have your network services set up wrong (so that it is using the old 2G WW with the circuit-switched network instead of the 3G 1xRTT network). I'm not enough of an expert on this to tell you how to get it set up right...someone on here should be able to help, though...be patient!
    Okay, I will be patient. I will just leave the phone idle for the next week until this clears. I just cannot seem to find any information on the usage of vision. I have been searching sprint homepage and read the TOS, and cannot find anywhere that states I would be charged extra for typing this site and reading the forum or any other site for that matter on my phone.
  6. #6  
    Wow, a2rob. I don't have anything relevant to add to the discussion, but I wanted to commend you on the politeness and calmness of your posts in this forum, considering the huge bill you received from Sprint. I'm very impressed. I would be freaking out.
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by Bbonnn
    Wow, a2rob. I don't have anything relevant to add to the discussion, but I wanted to commend you on the politeness and calmness of your posts in this forum, considering the huge bill you received from Sprint. I'm very impressed. I would be freaking out.
    I could not raise any loud concerns, because what I thought that I was on vision and I did use the minutes. I am just trying to find out what is Unlimited Vision?
  8. #8  
    Sprint is telling you crap. Don't pay the bill. You have unlimited vision, which is unlimited data, which is what you were doing (receiving data pertaining to web sites - CNN, etc.). Get someone in 3G support as mentioned earlier.

    Good luck!

    NCTreo300
  9.    #9  
    Originally posted by NCTreo300
    Sprint is telling you crap. Don't pay the bill. You have unlimited vision, which is unlimited data, which is what you were doing (receiving data pertaining to web sites - CNN, etc.). Get someone in 3G support as mentioned earlier.

    Good luck!

    NCTreo300
    Just got off the phone w/ 3G support, he reinstated to me that I am using vision and not WWW. So, I guess I will call billing back tomorrow. I've had enough of sprint for one day. Spent a total of 3hrs 26 min on the phone with them today. Just going nuts thinking about that 700.00 bill.
  10. #10  
    a2Rob,

    Perhaps your vision service does not begin until you next billing cycle? I had a similar problem when I first singed up for vision. The Sprint rep told me I had to wait 3 weeks until my next billing period before they would switch me over. Maybe thats not the case with you, but you might wantot double check
  11.    #11  
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    a2Rob,

    Perhaps your vision service does not begin until you next billing cycle? I had a similar problem when I first singed up for vision. The Sprint rep told me I had to wait 3 weeks until my next billing period before they would switch me over. Maybe thats not the case with you, but you might wantot double check
    Yea, that is what one of the many reps. that I spoke to today thought, but after researching they all stated that my unlimited vision started on October 24th. This has got me so confused that I am afraid to use the phone. I have been a customer for the past two years and never had a problem until I switched to the new plans.
    a2rob
  12. #12  
    I hope everything works out - and I hope they waive your vision costs for the rest of your life. $700 = 70 months of $10 vision. Geesh.
  13. #13  
    Unbelievable. Someone should start a poll to see who received the most expensive 3G mistake from Sprint. So far, it sounds like a2rob is winning.
  14.    #14  
    Originally posted by a2rob
    I signed up for vision on October 24th w/ unlimited vision. Bought a Treo300. Reviewed my bill online today and 719.00 was charged.
    Most of the charges were wireless web minutes
    Customer service states that although I have unlimited vision, only THREE sites support vision:
    www.Handspring.com
    www.handango.com
    www.pdapps.som.

    Any other sites such as CNN or this site on the TREO is counted as wireless web and uses daytime minutes. This is not what was explained when I purchased the phone 13 days ago. Can someone help me to clarify the Vision unlimited plan?
    I was thinking that Vision was data and seperate from voice
    Thanks
    a2rob
    UPDATE: Today I called Sprint again on the above issue, apparently when the TREO first came out it was capable of logging onto 2G as well as 3G. My handset was incorrectly programmed thus I have been using and charge for 2G services for the past two weeks. They suppose to call me tonight at 8:00pm when their TREO specialist gets to work.

    Ironically, I received a call from Melissa at spring in Nashville. She is the person who gave me the above information, she states quote "Mr. Robinson the treo phone is not a 3G phone, it only uses 3g services when it connects to the above 3 sites" I asked politely if she had been smoking "crack". Of course I apologized and also stated that on the box, website and other literature that it is a 3g phone.
    Then no one was on the phone to talk to.
    a2rob
  15.    #15  
    All of my problems for the past 2 weeks were solved today!! It took a clerk at my local Radio Shack to solve the problem. It appears that Sprint upgrade their service in my area and when when I dial my mobile from my home it appeared as a long distance call (area code + mobile number).
    I called Sprint and requested a number change (last option) and within minutes I was able to logonto the manage account page and view my email and view my new plan. They also reversed all charges and gave me my original anytime minutes back. Thanks Sprint and I also called the clerk back and thanked her as well.
    a2rob
  16. #16  
    a2rob,

    I don't understand what the issue was. You said that most of your charges were for wireless web messages.

    Dewnay
  17.    #17  
    Originally posted by dewnay
    a2rob,

    I don't understand what the issue was. You said that most of your charges were for wireless web messages.

    Dewnay
    No, most of the charges were for wireless web usage. I was connecting to the 2G network instead of 3G. It appears that if the TREO is incorrectly programmed then it will and is capable of connecting to 2G thus using your anytime minutes.
    a2rob
  18. #18  
    a2rob,

    First thank you for posting this information. Incidently, when I purchased my Treo 300 this weekend the rep I spoke to on the phone said I couldn't get Vision on my plan with this phone. In fact, he even said I didn't need it.

    Later that night I called them back and spoke to a different rep who said I could get unlimited Vision on my plan. So, it's possible that for the first few hours that night I was eating into my minutes (which would be okay since it was the weekend).

    Still, hearing your horror story answered a lot of questions, in particular the part about improper programming. I certainly hope my phone isn't misprogrammed because it might be. *ugh* I hope not. Is there any way I can tell? Anybody I can ask?

    Finally, never have I ever read or heard the following statement:
    "If you have Unlimited Vision, you can stay connected to data services 24/7 and it will not come out of your voice minutes."

    Can somebody PLEASE let me know if the above statement is in fact true. I've looked all over and never have I seen that documented.
  19.    #19  
    I also had a rep. to tell me that the treo was not vision capable.
    Unlimited is just that. Sprint has voice and data. Vision is considered data, therefore the latter statement is true.
    I wanted to inform new users of the programming error. I would just use the treo casually for a couple of days and then CS to insure that you are not being charged for the vision services.
    a2rob

Posting Permissions