1.    #1  
    You know how on regular keyboards, little embossed nubs (not sure what they are really called) are on the "F" and the "J" to provide your index fingers guidance of where your fingers should be lined up on the keyboard. I want that on my QWERTY, and am considering to manually place them, but am not sure what substance would work best, or if anyone has attempted to do the same thing.

I have considered a tiny amount of epoxy, b/c it's probably thick enough to put a drop of it, and wait for it to dry.

Also, I am toying with where to put the "nubs", b/c I feel confident that with solid guidance of where my thumbs are, I could type very quickly and very accurately w/o ever looking down. For example, single dot nubs on the W, F, X, J, M, and O and double nubs on the space bar and return button would indicate where my thumbs are at all times.

Your thoughts on the frustration I speak of?
    Your thoughts on the substance to use?
    Your thoughts on the letters to place them on?

Thanks,
    I remember reading a post on someone that had melted small holes in the keys with a red hot needle.
    I'd place one on the J/5 key, which is the center key on the "phone pad." That'd be the most useful to me, since it would help me navigate dialing numbers, the most likely time I might not actually be looking at the keyboard.
  4. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Originally posted by DougI
    I'd place one on the J/5 key, which is the center key on the "phone pad." That'd be the most useful to me, since it would help me navigate dialing numbers, the most likely time I might not actually be looking at the keyboard.
    Since the F and J keys have them on desktop/laptop keyboards, those keys would seem to make the most sense from a "muscle memory" standpoint.
    Originally posted by manu
    I remember reading a post on someone that had melted small holes in the keys with a red hot needle.
    I'm not letting a hot needle anywhere near my Treo!
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama