1.    #1  
    I just got my 2nd replacement unit for the stylus issue, and the screen is freaking unreal! It is so much whiter, brighter, and clearer than the other Treo 90! It look slike a Pocket PC Screen, almost fluorescent! Is this a freak or what? I checked the ROM date and it is May 29, 2002. My old Treo 90 that I sent back was October, 12 2002, What gives?
    You got the second generation screen. Nice isn't it?

I recieved one as a replacement for my first Treo (stylus problem)...the difference is incredible.
    Any way to tell if you have the brighter screen if you have nothing to compare it to?
    "Nothing is difficult."
    -- Anthony Hopkins
    Originally posted by maxsmith
    Any way to tell if you have the brighter screen if you have nothing to compare it to?
    Not really, I wouldn't think; I never realized my screen wasn't *that* wonderful until the day I received the new unit. The difference really is impressive, I have to say.

The biggest difference was the "yellowing"...it was noticeably more white than yellow on the new unit. However, as I had grown accustomed to my old screen, I didn't really notice that it wasn't true white anyway.

Ultimately, it's tough to say without a side-by-side comparison...
    I just got my replacement (Second for stylus issue) and it is much brighter. Very nice and very noticable. Much more like a Pal screen now.