Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I have has consistant problems with Aileron: slow, locks-up and causes fatal errors when downloading a word document.

I have been in contact with Corsoft and they inform me their program is not yet compatable with the Sprint PCS thing. As the phone polls the service it locks-up the download. These items have rendered Aileron un-usable. The company has sent me a new software update (beta) and that has had the same problem. They are working on the next fix but do not yet have one yet.

My point is this. I spent $70 for documents to go; $50 for Aileron just to get attachments, (this capability is standard on a pocket pc) only to find out I was a dumb sucker. I transfered over to an os enviroment after three years in a pocket pc enviroment. I have been so dissappointed in the great promise which has yielded little satisfaction, mainly because most of the companies offering software are cowboys in a system with little structure. The os enviroment may have been around much longer but it still has a long way to go to catch up to the promise and consistance delivered by the pocket pc enviroment. If M/S comes out with a device simular to this treo (not the current pocket pc phones) sell your palm and handspring stock FAST.
    I too have been aggravated by this problem with Aileron. I spoke to Corsoft support yesterday and am happy with the response regarding them having a fix out soon. The problem took them completely by surprise because neither Sprint nor Handspring are being forthcoming regarding the specifications necessary for proper development.

I've overall been pleased by Corsoft's support and have faith that this will be resolved.

I can completely sympathize with your frustration.

Geoffrey
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Thanks for your feed back. I still have difficulty with the fact that Eudora and many other e mail providers got it right. They had to get the information from somewhere. I'm in the medical business. If we did something like this we would be in court for ten years plus the FDA would shut us down. When you charge for a product you have a responsibility to test that product throughly before the first check is cashed. My last e mail to corsoft instructed them to either have a fix by last Monday or return my money. When Monday came they had done neither. I still believe its too many cowboys in an unstructured enviroment. Unless we (the customers) get upset this type of stuff will continue. Just look at the threads on boards like this.
    I have a few more comments regarding Aileron.

1) Aileron worked fine for me until Sprint changed their network.

2) I think Eudora has no problems partially because it talks directly with the mail server. Because Aileron sends information to their server, which then communicates with the mail server, there is potentially more opportunity for Sprints network to interrupt.

3) There is a 30-day free trial of Aileron. If this trial was used, but on a different device, as I did, it's difficult to blame Corsoft for the equipment change.

Depending on how long you've been using the service, I think you should get at least part o your money back.

Good luck. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a solution.

Geoffrey
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I contacted corsoft again and told them the only thing worse than paying for a service that doesn't work and then asking for my money abck and not getting it was being kept in the dark about a fix.
    They stated the fix was close and I shoukld be patient. Doesn't anyone in this market believe they are responsible for the service they are charging for. If it doesn't work its simple GIVE BACK THE MONEY!!!!!
    I can sympathize with your frustration, as I too am waiting for the fix. I do have to ask which Palm unit were you using when you purchased Aileron?

Geoffrey
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I tried Corsoft and In Box to go and settled on IBtoG. It seems to work 99.999% of the time. If you can get a refund go for it as it also uses docs to go so you didn't waste your money there. The only problem is you will have to forward your email to the one box that it polls.
    FWIW - the problem with Sprint is they encapsulate MS Office files into a CAB compression layer. Our own customers using SnapperMail download these files and can't open them since we don't have anything on the Palm to extract the MS Office files with. In the case of Aileron I presume they're crashing since they haven't figured thru a system to process CAB files.

RE: PocketPC "just working" is mainly because they own the MS Office formats and are deliberately withholding them from other companies.

-W
    Will Lau

www.snappermail.com

A Killer Email Client for Palm OS Smartphones, now available...
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Lou:
    The problem doesn't seem to be the cab problem that I experienced with a demo version of your product. I have received attachments both word and excel and have been able to open them. Their problem has to do with the interaction of sprint and handspring. Apparantly there were some changes made in this area recently which screwed up their program. As sprint polls the handspring during a download it freezed their download. PERHAPS YOU TWO COMPANIES COULD GET TOGETHER AND TAKE A LITTLE FROM THIS AND A LITTLE FROM THAT AND DOMINATE THE MARKET TOGETHER BY GIVING THE CUSTOMER SOMETHING THAT DOES WHAT IS DESIGNED TO AND REALLY WORKS.