1.    #1  
    I've had my 270 since June and rarely used a headset but I recently bought the Jabra Bluetooth and now spend alot of time using the headset and noticed something weird.
    If I have the lid open and push down on the jog dial, it scrolls rapidly thru all of the speed dial entries. If I do the same thing with the lid closed, I have to click down once everytime I want to go to the next entry! It doesn't scroll thru all of the speed dials rapidily. So if I want to select the 5th one at the bottom of the first row for example (with the lid closed), I have to click down on the jog dial 5 times!
    Is this normal for everyone?

Just curious.....
    I dont know how normal it is, but I have the same behavior with both a 180 and a 270. Both have the 1.1 GPRS upgrade

J
  3.    #3  
    I also have the 1.1 patch. Maybe it was after the upgrade....
    well, I certainly remember having to do one at a time on the 180 before the 1.1 patch, it's the "quick scrolling" that I can't remember seeing before.

J
    I have a Treo 300 and it does the same thing.

Quick scrolling with the lid open.
    One at a time with it closed.

Weird.

Josh
  6.    #6  
    What a pain!
    Thanks for the confirmations.

Greg
    That is sooooo weird. Same app, but different action based on the lid?? Does anything else act weird like that?

I wonder if there is any reason for that, or whether it is a bug.
    I've noticed this a long time ago. I think this is done by design. All the hardware buttons, not just the jog rocker, have auto repeat off when the lid is closed, in all applications. I'm sure this is there to prevent draining the battery if a button is pressed while the Treo is in your pocket or purse and a button is continuously pressed. This will result in just one click and the device would eventually turn off.

Good compromise if you ask me. Many people report mysterious battery drainage in all other Palm PDA models that is usually attributed to buttons pressed while the devices are sitting in a pocket or a purse. The Treo is able to prevent that because it has an active lid.
    Never though about that. Maybe it is a feature.
    The battery-drainage problem may fully explain the software design. But, given that you cannot do anything with a selection unless the lid is raised, why does the speed with which you reach a non-functional phone entry matter? Or is there something one can do with or to a speed dial entry without raising the lid?
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    I do not have the gprs 1.1 upgrade and my treo 270 does the same thing. I purchased my 270 in September.
    morris stalk
  12.    #12  
    The whole point to my question was:
    a) just to make sure I wasn't experiencing an unusaul behavior to all others and,
    b) From using the headset stand point, it just takes longer to get to a specific speed dial entry to initiate a call.

No biggy!
    Originally posted by Rodolfo
    The battery-drainage problem may fully explain the software design. But, given that you cannot do anything with a selection unless the lid is raised, why does the speed with which you reach a non-functional phone entry matter? Or is there something one can do with or to a speed dial entry without raising the lid?
    When using the headset, you can dial the selected speed dial entry while the lid is closed by pushing the jog rocker in.
    Last edited by silverado; 11/09/2002 at 02:01 PM.
    Thats just how the jocker switch works, with the lid closed its one at a time and with the lid open it scrolls.

Its not a fault in the unit or a singularity.
    Originally posted by silverado

When using the headset, you can dial the selected speed dial entry while the lid is closed by pushing the jog rocker in.
    How about that! Thanks, silverado. I'm on my 13th week with my 270 and still learning. I only used the headset a couple of times the first week.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    i am using the freespeak headset and had the same problem with the jog dial found a new speed dial program which works really good called tapdial. easy to dial numbers can even dial from a launcher.bought it in 5 minutes after I downloaded the trial

fred