1.    #1  
    I tried Google Maps last week, and after the stored map displays, an error message displays on the bottom third of the screen: "datarequest.cpp:417" - and I can't go on from there except to shut it down. Does anyone know of a fix? I did reinstall the latest version of Google Maps, but there was no change in the behavior.

Thx in advance,
    Shneor
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  2. cwb
    i found i had to turn off Chatter email to get Google maps to work. i think it had to do with too much data trying to transfer simultaneously.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cwb View Post
    i found i had to turn off Chatter email to get Google maps to work. i think it had to do with too much data trying to transfer simultaneously.
    Thanks, but I don't use Chatter, and I have nothing else running on the datastream. It worked just fine for years, so this is a disappointment. I can still get maps and directions using Express, but it's not integrated as Google Maps was with other apps. Wish I could find 0ut what the error code means, at least.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    I just used Google maps on my 755p today, and it worked just fine, and I just now tried it again, still works, the only thing I am missing is traffic, I get an error message when I try it, and it shuts down the program, but I never use traffic anyway, the only reason I tried it is because I read about people having trouble with it.
    Dang I hope this is not the beginning of the end for google maps, but it would not surprise me to see Google shut things down to try and push people android!!
    Terry
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    same problem here! can't get my phone to update either
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Not that this will help bring a fix to the problem, but you may want to add yourself to the list of people reporting the problem at the Google forum below...

Apparently, I haven't posted enough on this forum to inlude a link (which seems like a pretty stupid rule to me), so go to google.com and append the following to the URL:

/support/forum/p/maps/thread?tid=52de429fa1c61fcb

(I hope Google doesn't leave PalmOS users high and dry).
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Like I said the only problem that I am having with Google maps is the traffic, what problems specificly are you guys having?
    Terry
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I deleted google maps and all of the associated preferences using destaller. The original version of google maps (in the centro Rom) remained - when I ran that, it automatically updated to the latest version and it worked.

Here is a link to PalmOS destaller
    Last edited by twotone; 08/28/2011 at 01:39 AM. Reason: added link to destaller
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twotone View Post
    I deleted google maps and all of the associated preferences using destaller. The original version of google maps (in the centro Rom) remained - when I ran that, it automatically updated to the latest version and it worked.

Here is a link to PalmOS destaller
    So do you now have traffic?
    Terry
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twotone View Post
    Worked for me, great tip, thanks much.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    But do you have traffic?
    Terry
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Traffic still a no go but at least the maps work again.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Ok thanks, I have everything but traffic also, but then again I have never had any problems with GMaps, except traffic, and I don't really use that anyway, just wondering because it bothers me that if traffic is gone, what will be next!
    Terry
    i used to have traffic, too, even as of this summer. Now it's October, and suddenly, you're right! No traffic. Sigh. on a Treo 700p
    My google maps work great, except for TRAFFIC. I thought I developed the problem when I installed Garmin Mobile XT. So, from what you guys are telling me, it's a problem with Google
    Last edited by rspi; 10/22/2011 at 08:59 PM. Reason: typo