1.    #1  
    I have Vision working fine on my phone but when I go to the Sprint Website to set-up my Vision Password, there's nothing listed under my Prefs that relates to Vision being enabled on my phone.
    I'm tired of calling Sprint (they told me to wait 24 hours about 96 hours ago). Is there anything within the Sprint Vision website that a Treo user really needs or is just a bunch of ringers and WAP stuff for regular Vision phone users. If there's nothing useful there for a Treo user, can I just forget about not having the password?
    Thanks.
    I'm in the same boat... everything works fine, and I can login to the old management section, but not Vision. I don't know if it matters..... but would like to be sure!
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
  3. jmw
    Originally posted by sprintster
    I have Vision working fine on my phone but when I go to the Sprint Website to set-up my Vision Password, there's nothing listed under my Prefs that relates to Vision being enabled on my phone.
    I'm tired of calling Sprint (they told me to wait 24 hours about 96 hours ago). Is there anything within the Sprint Vision website that a Treo user really needs or is just a bunch of ringers and WAP stuff for regular Vision phone users. If there's nothing useful there for a Treo user, can I just forget about not having the password?
    Thanks.
    It's my understanding that if you're only interesting in ISP type services (Email, web, and general TCP/IP connection), then you need not worry about your vision password.

I believe you'd need your password to download sprint's content such as ringers, games, and the like. Personally I think that stuff is a bunch of useless crap, but that's just one man's opinion.

jmw
    I have also been using my treo for a while now and have never had to use any password to access the web on the phone ...and just use the regular web site on sprint page to check minute used............so again the question is do we really need a password and if so for what.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by Robert K.
    I'm in the same boat... everything works fine, and I can login to the old management section, but not Vision. I don't know if it matters..... but would like to be sure!
    When you go to "My Plan" does it say anything about Unlimited Vision? Mine doesn't but I don't really want to call them about it because they also gave me a mess of extra anytime minutes

From reading some of the other discussion boards, it does seem that the Vision Vault is just a bunch of ringers that won't work on a Treo and WAP crap.

When you go to "My Plan" does it say anything about Unlimited Vision? Mine doesn't but I don't really want to call them about it because they also gave me a mess of extra anytime minutes

From reading some of the other discussion boards, it does seem that the Vision Vault is just a bunch of ringers that won't work on a Treo and WAP crap.
    Yep, it says unlimited vision for me
    Robert
  7.    #7  
    Hmmm...maybe I will have to call. I want to make sure I lock in that unlimited Vision.
    Thanks.

PS..have you ever run across a Palm OS program that works like RoboForm and automatically fills in passwords for you in Blazer?
    I have the same problem

one thing i have noticed because of this that people cannot go to the website and send me a text message ..tech support opened a ticket for me and its been 5 days of them trying to fix ti
  9.    #9  
    I ended up calling Sprint last night and the guy I spoke to at Level 2 told me that there was a software glitch in their system and they were having a problem setting the Vision password preferences icon only for customers who switched from Free and Clear to a Vision plan. Then he laughed and said "figures we wouldn't be able to do it right for our existing customers".
    He told me their engineers were working on it but he didn't have an ETA on when it would be straightened out. He did confirm that there's nothing there that's very useful for Treo users.
    I ended up calling Sprint last night and the guy I spoke to at Level 2 told me that there was a software glitch in their system and they were having a problem setting the Vision password preferences icon only for customers who switched from Free and Clear to a Vision plan. Then he laughed and said "figures we wouldn't be able to do it right for our existing customers".
    He told me their engineers were working on it but he didn't have an ETA on when it would be straightened out. He did confirm that there's nothing there that's very useful for Treo users.
    Thanks for the update! I guess I won't worry too much about it then.
    Robert
    The main reason I wanted my Vision password is because it is necessary if you want to use Sprint's SMTP servers to send e-mail. This can be important even if you are not using the SprintPCS e-mail account (as I am not). If you have an e-mail account that will allow you to retrieve e-mail from a POP3 server but requires some type of SMTP authentication not supported by your Treo e-mail program, you can use Sprint's SMTP servers to send your e-mail. To do that, you must know your Vision password or you cannot sign on to the SMTP server.

That is the only reason I wanted a Vision password. The other stuff is much more applicable to other Vision phones and seems pretty useless for Treo owners.
    Originally posted by curtiscarmack
    The main reason I wanted my Vision password is because it is necessary if you want to use Sprint's SMTP servers to send e-mail. This can be important even if you are not using the SprintPCS e-mail account (as I am not). If you have an e-mail account that will allow you to retrieve e-mail from a POP3 server but requires some type of SMTP authentication not supported by your Treo e-mail program, you can use Sprint's SMTP servers to send your e-mail. To do that, you must know your Vision password or you cannot sign on to the SMTP server.

That is the only reason I wanted a Vision password. The other stuff is much more applicable to other Vision phones and seems pretty useless for Treo owners.
    I use Sprint e-mail and have no probs sending and receiving mail using TreoMail.
    Robert