Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My local Best Buy has the Treo on sale for ~$375.

Is that the best deal available for existing sprint customers?
    Sounds like a pretty good deal.... $100 off $499 is $399, so at $375 your getting it pretty good. ($100 credit I received from Sprint).

Good luck! You won't regret it!

NCTreo300
    Originally posted by davis
    My local Best Buy has the Treo on sale for ~$375.

Is that the best deal available for existing sprint customers?
    Yep, that's the deal I jumped on.... except I had CC do a price match plus 10% more off to make it $360!
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Our local best buy currently says the phone is $499 (but was on sale "last week" for less). I figured being a national chain that these prices are the same at all stores- do they really differ by geographic region?
    Some problem here. Local Best Buys and CCs want $500 for it. Damn.
    Originally posted by jshrieve
    Some problem here. Local Best Buys and CCs want $500 for it. Damn.
    So the sale is over and this deal is no longer available? Bummer! I don't think it'll be that cheap again for a while. CC said that their cost for the Treo is $370+!
    Robert
    Guess I'll just get it now for $500 and hope that somewhere else offers it cheaper again, within 30 days, for a price match. Probably won't happen, but worth hoping.
    Why not just order from Amazon and buy it for $250?

How will amazon know you are an existing customer? You are most probably signing a new contract if you are not coming from a PCS Vision phone plan.

This is what I did, and I'm an existing customer.

I also found an amazingly nice Sprint rep who will help me if Amazon gives me any trouble and keep my same phone number.

If you're going to pay $500 anyway what is the worst that could happen you pay $500, best case you pay only $250 like I plan on.

This is just my plan, can't guarantee it will work, but I figure with a great sprint rep that will back me up I should be ok.
    I figured Amazon.com would bill me for $500, since it looked like their forms on the site were for mail-in rebates. i.e. they charge $500 and rebate me $250 by mail. But my rebates would be rejected, because they'd check up and see I wasn't a new customer.

At least if I buy local, I can do easier exchanges, I can get a 3 yr service plan, and I can get a pricematch if prices do drop..

Whereas the chances of getting it for $250 from Amazon seem to remote to me, and if I don't, then I have no recourse.

The Amazon rebate form specifically says this:

"3. Activate your new service. (Note: this rebate does not apply to phone purchases for use on an existing account and phone number. If you already have an existing account and wish to obtain a second line of service (for a family memberm eployee, etc.), you will qualify for the rebate if you purchase and activate the phone with a new service plan.)"

They also ask for a copy of your first month's service bill, etc.

While I did change to a new service plan for Vision, I'm not activating a new number.

I did talk to Sprint however -- they said they couldn't help me with the $250 price, but they could credit me $150 towards the new phone, which takes a lot of the bite off. Still, it'd be nicer it if it had been $150 off $375. =)
    Originally posted by pdadoc
    ...do they really differ by geographic region?
    I think they do, I bought my Treo 300 for $500 from CC then had them price match my local BB's $300 price plus 10% of the difference giving me a Treo 300 for $280 with no waiting!
    Originally posted by Marty1781

I think they do, I bought my Treo 300 for $500 from CC then had them price match my local BB's $300 price plus 10% of the difference giving me a Treo 300 for $280 with no waiting!
    You sure can't beat that! And I thought my $360 price was great I guess it's all relative for those planning to get the 7135 for $500 when it comes out since I'll have less of a difference to pay. But the way things are looking I'm going to have a LONG wait with Sprint But at least I've got my Treo!
    Robert
    Originally posted by Robert K.

But the way things are looking I'm going to have a LONG wait with Sprint But at least I've got my Treo!
    I hear you on that Robert. With all the rumors swirling at smartphonesource.com about Sprint possibly not carrying the 7135, I'm sure glad I have something to tide me over until the next best thing, possibly the I700. My only regret is not purchasing the Treo 300 sooner instead of waiting it out for the 7135. If the I700 is released around the same time as the 7135, I'm gonna have a real tough time choosing between the two. I really like the form factor of the 7135 compared to the I700 but with the I700's builtin camera, superior screen, pocket IE browser, and no 128kbps mp3 limit, its looking awfully tempting!

I hear you on that Robert. With all the rumors swirling at smartphonesource.com about Sprint possibly not carrying the 7135, I'm sure glad I have something to tide me over until the next best thing, possibly the I700. My only regret is not purchasing the Treo 300 sooner instead of waiting it out for the 7135. If the I700 is released around the same time as the 7135, I'm gonna have a real tough time choosing between the two. I really like the form factor of the 7135 compared to the I700 but with the I700's builtin camera, superior screen, pocket IE browser, and no 128kbps mp3 limit, its looking awfully tempting!
    Yeah! The i700 is looking pretty sweet! From what I've read it should be available with Sprint about the same time as the 7135. I'll give it a look for sure, but I'm reluctant to move away from the Palm OS.
    Robert
    I'm not the type who likes to haggle, but I decided to just call Sprint and ask for a credit.

I mentioned I knew about the the Amazon deal and what could I get as long-time customer with no current contract obligation. She said she couldn't help me. So I replied that it didn't seem like a good way to treat their loyal customers to me, she put me on hold and then offerred me a $75 credit on top of the $50 rebate.

Perhaps if I were more of a PITA I might have gotten an even better deal heh, but I just mention this so you all know how easy it is to get Sprint to take a few bucks off in the absence of good sales from retailers.
    --invention is the mother of necessity

When did BB have the Treo 300 for $300? Is it still available at that price?
    Originally posted by slffl

When did BB have the Treo 300 for $300? Is it still available at that price?
    I don't think so. It is was when they had all their phones on sale a week or two ago. Like I said in my previous post, I think the sale prices varied from region to region.
    Just picked one up at Microcenter B&M for 350. Also avail on their website. I'm already a Sprint Customer.
    $350! Awesome!

Unfortunately i just went to microcenter web site and tried to buy.

"What happened?

The product you requested is no longer available. For a similar product, please browse our Products section or try a product search.

Thank you!"
    Ah! Nevermind. I just called the Chicago Microcenter and they had two left and I put one on hold. EXCELLENT.

Treocentral rocks.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Regarding BB and $300 Treo sale: did it really get that low? That's 40% off! I had CC price match when they had 25% off ($375 deal), but I can't believe they priced it so low. Just out of curiosity, can anyone confirm this was an actual sale price? or was it someone combining the 25% with some other coupon or rebate they had? thanks.

Glenn
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast