Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The second CC I went to in SoCal was willing to come down to $389 ($400 - pricematch). I went for it. They made the mistake of not calling Microcenter.

I suppose one could go to a CC and wait 'til it's after the Microcenter closing time before approaching someone about the price match... But life's too short.
    Treo 650
    Treo 600
    Treo 300
    Just recieved new Treo 300 from Amazon. Called Sprint to activate phone and see if I could maintain existing phone #. They let me keep old number and gave me instant $200 credit, rather than make me wait for rebate cehck in mail. Still had to pay $499 up front, up money is in bank at Sprint. Now I have to call Sprint Rebate Department to get $50 credit for Sprint's rebate.
    I bought my treo at my local sprint store. I called retention and told them that I wanted to upgrade from my Kyocera 6035 to a new phone that i saw in my local sprint store and they gave me an 200$ rebate to apply towards the treo PLUS, I was able to charge the treo on my Sprint account. They noted my account and I immediately walked into the sprint store signed and walked out with the treo!
    Very Generous of them to do that.

This made it better for me as I was able to split the billing cycle and pay during the two cycles. My wife would kill me if she found out the total cost of the treo.
    If she finds out now about the two payments that I am making, she probably would still commit the act, but at least I will be half dead.
    Last edited by a2rob; 11/12/2002 at 08:41 PM.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Originally posted by mrgarza
    what micro center did you call? the ones in texas and kansas are out of stock. and did you get the $50 rebate?
    Micro Center in Fairfax, Virginia: (703) 204-8400. As of this afternoon they had three in stock. Well, now it's down to at least 2.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Originally posted by benhelber
    Just recieved new Treo 300 from Amazon. Called Sprint to activate phone and see if I could maintain existing phone #. They let me keep old number and gave me instant $200 credit, rather than make me wait for rebate cehck in mail. Still had to pay $499 up front, up money is in bank at Sprint. Now I have to call Sprint Rebate Department to get $50 credit for Sprint's rebate.
    Damn. If I had known I could do that (as an existing customer) I would've. I think I'll call Sprint and complain. But it'll be hard trying to make a case against Sprint when (A) it's Amazon offering the $250 deal and (B) I bought my 300 from Micro Center. Anyone have any suggestions?
    Even if Sprint did give some customers $200 towards the new phone, that's what Sprint did for that customer. I wouldn't take it as a company-wide policy.

Sprint specifically refused to match the Amazon discount for me, but they came close it to it.

I wouldn't order from Amazon counting on Sprint. I'd get Sprint to do their part first.
    are you guys with the $200 off big spenders ? I'm not really, I've had a $35/month contract for 18 months and charged up $51 or so once in August

I called sprint monday, said I wanted to upgrade, the guy said the best he could do for me was $100 credit plus 1 free month of service, so basically $130 service credit

I was pretty happy with that, the earlier posters suggested thier credits were about $50, now I see some people have done better ...

but others only theoretically better, I guess one person got $200 off the $500 retail and 2 installments ... an installment is worth a few $ in interest ... I'd be paying $335 or so if circuit city actually price matches for me ... I wanted to wait till this weekend to see if Best buy would have a better offer, will circuit city price match more than once ?

does the sprint store receipt state that you paid $500 ? if so, then I can get AMEX to price-match the microcenter offer for me
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Hey What's the deal with the CC deal: Paying $389 ($400-pricematch)

What's the '-pricematch'? Plus an extra 10% of difference?

Thanks!
    the cc deal is '110% pricematch' so the match plus an extra 10% for the troubles ... the people that are only getting matched to $400 are getting ripped off by store managers that don't want to take a loss on the transaction, presonally I would pay the $389 and then conplain up the line that the price match was not honored

AMEX and some credit cards also have price matchs
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    in that case, that really sucks. I got price matched @ 375, but did not get the extra 10% at CC. Upside is next time I upgrade (which my CC guy said i can do with my warranty, actually upgrade the unit when a better one comes out!), there is less difference i have to pay (granted it is more than $375). So, at least I got that going.
    My CC pricematched to Microcenter's $350. I didn't press for the extra 10%. ($15).

I also got the warranty plan so if it breaks I can replace or upgrade.

I wouldn't call myself a big spender. My bill for the past 2.5 years has been $50/month + taxes.

But after those 2.5 years they were willing to throw in some extra minutes and $150 towards a phone.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Yeah, i got pricematched @ BestBuys 25% off, before MicroCenter came out with theirs. No big deal, though. I still have my upside going.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    I've had two numbers and spent in excess of $100/month (often much more) for over four years. I think I'll take my 300 to the Sprint store today to activate it and give them a hard time. Or should I do it over the phone? Has anyone had any experience to suggest that it makes a difference (either activation or bargaining)?
    jshrieve,

Can you clarify how you got Sprint to give you $150 towards a new phone if you didn't buy from them? I'm in basically the same boat as you. I bought my Treo at MicroCenter and am a PCS customer of four years.

Also, does anyone know if you can just add the unlimited data to an existing plan, or do you have to sign up for a Vision plan? My evening minutes start at 8, instead of 9, and I don't want to change that.
    you have to subscribe to new plan to get unlimited vision for $10/month and yes you are going to go from 8 to 9 pm as beginning of night/weekend minutes.

I had to change plans from 8 to 9 pm and it does suck but oh well.
    Originally posted by WHEATHIN
    you have to subscribe to new plan to get unlimited vision for $10/month and yes you are going to go from 8 to 9 pm as beginning of night/weekend minutes.

I had to change plans from 8 to 9 pm and it does suck but oh well.
    I have one word for you: Retentions department baby! I kept my old plan and had Vision added... nothing else changed. It can be done. I still have 8PM N&W, FIMF, etc.
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
    skidoo, talk to the retentions department over the phone. The people in the store don't have the power to give you any discounts. The retention department does. Read about retention at the forums on www.sprintusers.com and www.howardforums.com.

cej22, they give me a new equipment credit. Basically they credit my account $150. So right now my account balance is -167.xx, so I won't have to pay my next few bills to them.
    Just came from my local Staples... one of my friends mentioned something about there being deals on sprint phones next week, he had a price tag showing the treo 300 for $375, a $25 Staples rebate, and a $100 Sprint rebate, he also had tags showing the $100 rebate on other phones, not sure if it applies to existing customers, my friend said he would check and get back to me...
    Well, I picked up my Treo 300 yesterday at circuit city, had them price match with Microcenter, the salesman disappeared for about 15mins and then I had my $334 phone ... sprint is giving me a free month and $100 service credit ($130 total for me) and I'm giving my old phone to my brother, when he activates it sprint will give me another $20 for the referral ... so my end price is $200, I'm happy
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Ok, I am gonna go to CC today and bite the bullet. Microcenter is selling there's for $349 at the Westbury, NY store, so I will get them to price match that. I don't entirely understand the extended warranty - if I want to trade up to the 7135 when it comes out (or should I say if) with Sprint, how do I get CC to do that under the warranty? Or is BB a better way to go?

Also, has ANYONE figured out a way to get a store that offers an extended warranty to price match with Amazon? Or is that a lost cause?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast