1.    #1  
    Take a look at this:

Unlimited PCS Vision. Sprint may deny or terminate service without notice where use is in connection with server devices or host computer applications, other systems that drive continuous heavy traffic or data sessions, or as substitutes for private lines or frame relay connections. Unlimited PCS Vision offer for PCS Free & Clear Plans with Vision is: (a) only available with a Vision capable PCS Phone or PCS smart phone device; and (b) not available with Connection Cards, Aircards, or any other device used in connection with a computer or PDA - including phones, smart phones or other devices used with connection kits or similar phone-to-computer/PDA accessories. Sprint reserves the right to deny or to terminate service without notice for misuse.
    Sprint changed my plan from 8MB to Unlimited, but I never agreed to the above disclaimer when I signed up for vision....
    Basically all that disclaimer means is they don't want you using the PCS Vision as the modem internet service to hook up to a laptop or other PC.

It is just for usage on the Treo.

Apparently, they have a separate service fee for using it as a modem.

It doesn't affect you unless you plan on using the PCS Vision service to power the internet on another device (ie laptop or pc)
    don't sweat it, unless you plan on running a server off your Treo.
  4.    #4  
    I'm sure many people would like to use the Treo as a modem for a laptop.... thats where you can really take advatage of the 3G speed....

we'll see if sprint really comes after people using the Treo as a modem....

heh, who's going to use their treo as a frame relay replacement?
    It is also erroneous, as it states that:

"(b) not available with Connection Cards, Aircards, or any other device used in connection with a computer or PDA - including phones, smart phones or other devices used with connection kits or similar phone-to-computer/PDA accessories."

Sprint PCS has an unlimited plan for the PC Connection Card for $99/mo.
    Probably not much to worry about since they can't monitor usage anyway - as we were all changed to unlimited....
    Probably not much to worry about since they can't monitor usage anyway - as we were all changed to unlimited....
    I have had the Treo 300 for about 5 days now and so far the KB tracker app that I have say that I have received about 6MB... so I'm glad that they have the unlimited plan!
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
    There are a couple of thigns that that agreement says.

First of all, Sprint doesn't want you running a roaming server with no physical location.

Next, they do not want this service being used on connection cards, or anything where the bandwidth can be expected to be extremely high. Even a Treo can never compare to the bandwidth that a PC can take.

You better had voted! (if you are a US citizen that is) Don't ignore your constitional rights!
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Ahem...we DO track PCS Vision usage, by the kilobyte...dial *4 and check your usage (airtime charges will apply), or request a detailed bill.
    Sa Da Tae
    Originally posted by 3GTech
    Ahem...we DO track PCS Vision usage, by the kilobyte...dial *4 and check your usage (airtime charges will apply), or request a detailed bill.
    Well, since Vision is now unlimited for $10 I don't think many people will have anything to worry about. I'm up to about 10MB received in less than a week of use. If I had the ability to use the Treo as a modem I'd be pushing a GIG by the end of the billing cycle I'm sure. But so far I think only Mac users have figured out how to make this work.....
    Robert
    Originally posted by 3GTech
    I dialed *4 and it told me that my data usage was unavailable.
    Originally posted by sgruby

I dialed *4 and it told me that my data usage was unavailable.
    That figures

Has anyone else gotten that KB tracker app that's out there? I have it and it works great! If anybody is interested I'll find out where I got it...
    Robert
    Like this person that figured out how to hook his Sanyo PCS Vision phone to a Linux box and make use of his phone as a wireless modem...