View Poll Results: Which Mail App. for Treo 300?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Treo Mail

    4 33.33%
  • Sprint PCS Business Connection

    8 66.67%
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    I'm about |_| this close to going with a Treo 300 (and Amazon's rebate didn't hurt).
    So I am an old blackberry user and like that quick and available access to email.
    Which would you go with, Treo Mail or Sprint's PCS Business Conn.?

    I'm a Lotus Notes/Domino user so both are supported.
    It's a matter of reliability, how long does it take to get new messages and dynamic calendar updates (like the Blackberry)

    Thanks
  2. #2  
    I did'nt use either of thoes. I chose Eudora because it was FREE, easy to use and it was the only one with SSL that actually accessed our servers.

    Check out some of the other threads here. There has been a LOT of discussion about this and since many of us have already bashed our head on this same wall, maybe we can save you the trouble.

    <b>The difficult is easy, the impossible takes time.</b>
  3. #3  
    For business users, I think BizConn wins easily. Reliable push email (within 30-45 seconds), plus I really like having the ability to email my work docs from the Treo.
  4. #4  
    If you must choose one of the two, BC IMHO is much better than TM but I had too many reliability issues with both to rely on either.

    Eventually, I switched over to Eudora which has a couple of quirks but I get my email very reliably now via a redirect rule on my corporate exchange account to my attbi account which allows remote pop access (corp does not).

    I now leave my laptop at home all the time with no need to keep it connected to the corp network or keep the desktop email client or BC open.
  5. #5  
    It looks to me like PCS Business Connection does not offer POP3 support? That sucks. I have been using TreoMail since yesterday and I like what I see so far!
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
  6. #6  
    Originally posted by MobileDave
    For business users, I think BizConn wins easily. Reliable push email (within 30-45 seconds), plus I really like having the ability to email my work docs from the Treo.

    Can you help me out... I use BC, but do not understand what you mean about e-mailing docs.... it does not appear to have functionality for attachments, other than showing when one is attached to the original e-mail... Am I missing something ?
  7. #7  
    I used BC from the start with my Treo. Liked it a lot, had a few issues with stability - both on the handheld and PC - but for the most part it worked well. Yesterday I downloaded the Treo mail trial. I <think> I like TM better. Has a better UI and seemingly better integration with the Treo. No push, which remains to be seen whether that will be the deal-breaker or not, but so far, I give the nod to TreoMail over BC.
  8. #8  
    Originally posted by nrosser
    I used BC from the start with my Treo. Liked it a lot, had a few issues with stability - both on the handheld and PC - but for the most part it worked well. Yesterday I downloaded the Treo mail trial. I <think> I like TM better. Has a better UI and seemingly better integration with the Treo. No push, which remains to be seen whether that will be the deal-breaker or not, but so far, I give the nod to TreoMail over BC.
    Let me know if you notice any inconsistancies with getting your notifications in a timely manner! I read somewhere that the TreoMail server only polls your POP e-mail every 15-30 minutes... and then there is the delay from the time you last checked.... I hope that doesn't mean that sometimes you got an e-mail 30+ minutes before you got the notification!
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
  9. #9  
    Originally posted by sanovak3681



    Can you help me out... I use BC, but do not understand what you mean about e-mailing docs.... it does not appear to have functionality for attachments, other than showing when one is attached to the original e-mail... Am I missing something ?
    When you access BC via Blazer, you can email your docs from your work folder on the Sprint server.

Posting Permissions