1.    #1  
    Does anyone know how to enable "No Answer" and "Busy Transfer" forwarding with Sprint PCS?

The phone automatically allows you to set up blanket forwarding, but does anyone know if it is possible to set it up so that instead of going to your Sprint PCS voicemail unanswered calls go to another number?

Thanks
    Paul
    On your phone screen, select :menu: options, call options, and you should see a block on the top labeled forward calls to:
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Be careful!

Call forwarding is not free.

I copied this from Sprint's site:
    With Call Forwarding, all your incoming calls will be forwarded to the phone number you specify - not your Sprint PCS Voicemail box - and you won't hear a single ring on your Sprint PCS Phone. It's a great alternative to leaving a trail of phone numbers with people who need to reach you. Each forwarded call costs 10 per minute, plus any additional long-distance charges.

Bummer.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Originally posted by AdamK
    Be careful!

Call forwarding is not free.

I copied this from Sprint's site:
    With Call Forwarding, all your incoming calls will be forwarded to the phone number you specify - not your Sprint PCS Voicemail box - and you won't hear a single ring on your Sprint PCS Phone. It's a great alternative to leaving a trail of phone numbers with people who need to reach you. Each forwarded call costs 10 per minute, plus any additional long-distance charges.

Bummer.
    I have been using Call Forwarding for about the last month or so on my Treo 300, using the built-in forwarding feature from the "Call Preferences" menu option in the main phone app. I called SPCS and specifically asked if I had any charges for CF and they said no...I asked them repeatedly to double check, and they said I have no charges. I always figured that if they did charge me, I could complain and get the charges removed...

See, I have a Samsung A500 that I carry as my everyday phone, because the Treo is just a bit bulky for me sometimes, especially with the belt clip on the Caseworks case...with the $85 Vision plan, you can add a second phone for free, so I added the A500 and they gave me a second number...I added that number to the list in the forwarding feature of the Treo, and it works great! I can use either phone, but people only have to know the number that I have had for five years...

Maybe it is free when you forward calls within the SPCS network?

Anyways, I am very happy with my setup - gives me the best of both worlds (functionality and small size)

CK
    Check your bill. I use call forwarding frequently and get charged 10c/min. I also have the extra A500 for carrying around in my pocket when I am out walking the dog.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the above comments. A couple of notes:

1. The forwarding that is standard on the Treo is "unconditional forwarding" - so when you activate it, all calls go to another number.

What I am really looking for is "conditional forwarding" where calls that are not answered are routed to my work voicemail, not my Sprint PCS voicemail. If anyone knows how to do this, that would be great.

2. I do use call forwarding (the unconditional kind) from time to time and always see charges on my bill for that.

Thanks,
    Paul Brody
    Paul
    I'm pretty sure you can call SprintPCS and have your CF conditional number changed (I did it a few years ago when I was trying out a different VM system). It is something controlled by the switch, though, not by the phone, though. They may want to charge you for each forwarded call, though...good luck!
    I have spent hours on the phone with Sprint trying to get conditional call forwarding to work (*73 - Call Forward - No Answer)

*72 Unconditional Call Forwarding works fine

*73 gives me a Sprint System Error - "The number or code that you have dialed is incorrect. Please check the number or code and try again. 692 7"

Has anyone figured out how to get this to work with sprint ?
    I have spent hours on the phone with Sprint trying to get conditional call forwarding to work (*73 - Call Forward - No Answer)

*72 Unconditional Call Forwarding works fine

*73 gives me a Sprint System Error - "The number or code that you have dialed is incorrect. Please check the number or code and try again. 692 7"

Has anyone figured out how to get this to work with sprint ?
    I don't have an answer on conditional forwarding, but I believe that there is no charge for phone-based forwarding when it's to another Sprint PCS phone on your plan if you have the $85 plan. That's because it includes unlimited PCS to PCS minutes. That's been my experience so far with billing (i.e., $0.10 per minute when I forward to my office, but no charge when I forward to my wife's phone).

I'd love to hear an answer on the conditional forwarding. It makes sense to me that it would be managed at the switch, but no one I've talked to as Sprint seems to know anything about it.
    After 3 months Sprint has resolved the problem.

Sprint customer service had to eliminate my Sprint Voicemail from the account and had to program the phone number into their system for conditional call forwarding to work.

Now when I don't answer a call, it gets forwarded to my office phone and voicemail.

Only one VoiceMail box to check. Finally.
    Hmmm that's great. Let us know about the charges. Is it 10 cents a min?

Thanks
    So is this the proper conclusion: If you perform call forwarding from your SprintPCS phone to another SprintPCS phone, you don't have to pay for call fowarding? I have free PCS-PCS minutes, so perhaps call forwarding to another SprintPCS phone is equivalent to me making a call to another PCS phone. Would this be a safe conclusion?
    This is not a safe conclusion. I still pay 10c/min when I forward calls from my Treo to my backup sprint phone. I have unlimited pcs to pcs on my account too.