1.    #1  
    Looks like Handspring is trying hard to keep its customers happy with TreoMail 1.5. Nice improvement list:

* Increased speed and efficiency with enhanced GPRS/1xRTT data networks*
    * Full support for Lotus Notes 5.0
    * Access URLs, phone numbers, and emails with one tap directly from any email
    * Address email messages more quickly with enhanced Phone Book integration
    * Increased automatic delivery frequency—you decide how often you'd like to check for new email
    * Better integration with the Treo communicator's built-in keyboard
    * More flexible signature options
    * Ability to bcc yourself on messages
    * Better use of the color screen on 270/300
    I've tried both versions (1.0; 1.5) for managing my Yahoo mail, and can see no improvement. Besides the cost, my main gripe is the slowness of the TreoMail proxy servers. Takes 2-3 syncs 15 minutes apart to receive msgs. on my Treo just like v1.0 did. Also, I activated the the SMS notification feature on the TreoMail website for "waiting" mail and didn't receive a notification for any of the test msgs. I sent (I am receiving oher SMS msgs. just fine).
    I just now installed it.... but when I tell it to retrieve my e-mail it skips over some or doesn't get them at all. One time it grabbed one e-mail, but skipped 3 new ones... any ideas?
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
    TreoMail is simply unsuitable for quick access to new messages, since they must be accessed by TM's own server first. In the last version, TM polled my mail server on average every 15 minutes (i.e.. meaning that it could be as much as 30 minutes late in finding new mail). The new version is probably better, but won't satisfy you if you need immediate access to new messages.
    Originally posted by Robert K.
    I just now installed it.... but when I tell it to retrieve my e-mail it skips over some or doesn't get them at all. One time it grabbed one e-mail, but skipped 3 new ones... any ideas?
    It is my experience that if you retrieve e-mail from your account via your regular desktop e-mail application, and that application is configured to delete retrieved e-mail from the server, then Treo Mail will not be able to retrieve and deliver the same e-mail to your Treo handheld if you retrieved it via the desktop shortly after it was sent. (In other words, the e-mail must reside in your POP account for some period of time for Treo Mail to pick it up; if you pick it up via another e-mail application before Treo Mail "checks in" with your e-mail server, it won't exist for Treo Mail's retrieval.)
    Originally posted by fgkay
    Also, I activated the the SMS notification feature on the TreoMail website for "waiting" mail and didn't receive a notification for any of the test msgs. I sent (I am receiving oher SMS msgs. just fine).
    This has been a problem for Treo 300 (Sprint) users for about two weeks now. My understanding is that Sprint made some changes to the way in which SMS messages are sent, and Treo Mail no longer is able to interpret them in the correct manner to "turn on" the e-mail waiting icon. I have contacted Handspring about this three times with no success, and I don't dare try to contact Sprint! The best we can hope for is that someone from Handspring reads these forums and fixes the problem.
    I installed TM this morning. so far so good. I've been using Business Connection since I got the phone (3 months ago), so we'll see how I like this compared to BC.
    Well, in the past half hour TreoMail seems to have started getting all of my e-mails! I have it set to get them automatically every 15 minutes and it's working like a charm
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    My $.02.

I had tried the previous (Internet) version of TreoMail and couldn't get it to work at all. Like some others the site manage page kept saying it received an Unknown Error when attempting to retrieve mail. So I deep-sixed it.

Then on a lark I tried the new version and, to my amazement, everything worked fine! Fairly quick, alerts sound when I get mail, nice app. Only problem is there's only one POP account (BIG problem for me) and no attachments (smaller problem).

While I'd gladly pay the $49 a year if it had the multiple accounts I'm going to have to ditch it again and stick with SnapperMail. But if you are interested in the Internet edition and need only one account you should give it a try, IMHO.

=NLK=