1.    #1  
    Hi,

Since MMS is available now for test in Ukraine I tried to use it and was a bit disappointed. Pixer works only to and from e-mail address and does not support phone number (MSISDN) based addressing. Searched Treocentral forum and find no relevant info. Any ideas?

Regards,

Vitaliy
    Originally posted by Vorozhbyt
    Hi,

Since MMS is available now for test in Ukraine I tried to use it and was a bit disappointed. Pixer works only to and from e-mail address and does not support phone number (MSISDN) based addressing. Searched Treocentral forum and find no relevant info. Any ideas?

Regards,

Vitaliy
    Checked with customer support at my provider (Globe Telecoms, in the Philippines), and the lady I spoke with said that the Treo wasn't certified as MMS-capable. I don't know if that means they haven't tested its MMS capabilites, or if they've tested and the Treo failed. I was asking for the Web site of one of their services (Traffic Cam) and nobody seemed to know. Bottom line is that you are not likely to be able to use the Treo to send or receive MMS. I personally wouldn't find that that much of a disappointment, since Handspring never said the Treo was MMS-capable, although I think a firmware upgrade might take care of that. Or, failing that, some MMS software app.

Regards
  3.    #3  
    What a nice surprise, Silverlokk, I thought nobody will answer my post :-)

As for MMS - it is quite simple technology for such a smart device as Treo :-))) I can imagine that a piece of soft (a bit better than Pixer) will solve the problem. At least in Europe GSM operators are really pushing this MMS and if Handspring is going to get some pie here it has to consider at least software support for MMS. In addition I'd suggest some add-on camera connected to the sync socket.
    Ohwell, I guess I just happened to want to get as much as I could out of the Treo before I returned it (review unit), and one of the things I tested was MMS. Both of the major cellular carriers are pushing MMS, and I happened to have the Treo when there was still a free MMS trial. As you might imagine, I was slightly disappointed that I couldn't get MMS content on the Treo. You're right, though, the Treo might only be a software solution away from MMS. I might've written about that in my review.

As to a camera attachment thru the sync port, there are a coupl'a threads in the forums regarding that. Much of it is still theoretical, and Treo owners can only hope that someone finds a way to interface a cam w/ the Treo.

Regards, and keep wishing -- your wishes may just come true.