• Best data organizer tip

0 0%
  • Best telephone sound and reception tip

1 33.33%
  • Best [whatever] tip

1 33.33%
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I just brought my one week old Treo 300 home. What advice can you give me as to the #1 TRICK to getting this device to do the following things:

___SEARCH my Palm OS address book (my old Palm Pilot hand a search key...missing on the Treo 300)

___ACCESS INTERNET sites with Java (like msn mail) and get motion and sound

___IMPROVE telephone clarity and reception (Sprint vision is tinny in sound)

_____ (your own best tip...I'm all ears!)

Thank you
    ___SEARCH my Palm OS address book (my old Palm Pilot hand a search key...missing on the Treo 300)

The Find function is intrinsic to all Palm OS devices - Press the Options & Shift key for Find on a Treo. Its in the manual - :-) I know nobody reads the manual. There is a cool little keyboard pdf guide on Handsprings support site listing all the other keyboard combos. If you refuse to read the manual, this little guide will get you going on all the other hidden features.

___ACCESS INTERNET sites with Java (like msn mail) and get motion and sound

You have very high expectations for what is possible on the mobile Internet. You can do these things using PocketPC devices but at the cost of very short battery life to support the processing required for this kind of thing. Mobile networks supporting the kind of download bandwith you want are still only available in Japan and in one city in the US - a new EVDO network in one location only. Again there is a high per MB charge for those services.

___IMPROVE telephone clarity and reception (Sprint vision is tinny in sound)

Sprint are pretty good in my comparative opinion. There are several voice modes possible on the Treo 300 depending upon what segment of the network you are in - older or newer. I think the quality is very good by comparison to other international networks. Japan is particularly nasty - iMode rocks but the voice quality is horrible on those col phones. I have used Cingular and T-Mobile also and found them to be slightly poorer than Sprint. Few can match the clarity of European networks due to their excellent coverage.