Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I cannot get my MSN mail account (same as Hotmail). Is this a Blazer problem with interfacing with java applications? Does anyone know a fix?
    I tried this and it works great:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...hlight=hotmail

a2rob
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Okay, I tried that and the MSN Mobile page no longer gives you the 'My mobile computing device:' prompt...just the web page preload offerings.

HELP ME pulleeeeze!
    Log on to Hotmail then got to mobile device and set that to pda/phone. It works trust me I can check/send delete and all the functions on my TREO300.
    a2rob
    i've tried this as well and it does not work. the mobile screen has no option for hotmail.... this has become increasibgly frustrating as I just upgraded my account with them. now I might have to goto a yahoo account....
    Did you get your hotmail working?
    Anybody find any of the email programs that will get me access to my MSN POP3 account? Treomail won't do it, according to Handspring. I've tried the others and have had no luck yet. I specifically changed my MSN account to POP so that I could get it pushed to me, and now it looks like I should've just kept it the way it was and used Avantgo.
    Hotmail is not POP3 compliant, so I'm not sure what else I can tell you. As far as I know, the only free way to check Hotmail using the Treo is through the web, which Stanne explained how to do. I think some of the pay-for email services can pull Hotmail, but I haven't tried them. You might search a little bit more on these boards. Good luck.
    This is probably the 5th thread I've replied to since August trying to get an MSN POP3 compliant email app. It doesn't make sense to me that I can configure a new account in Outlook and Outlook Express to access the MSN POP servers and then have Business Connection push the whole Outlook account to me, but none of the 3rd party email apps will do this. I like BC, but I'm looking for something that doesn't require me to have my computer on at all times. Handspring told me that it was a known issue that Treo Mail could not connect to MSN's POP servers.
    I was curious about Hotmail alternatives and just tried ThinAirApps PQA (v 1.4). It's not pretty (or easy to set up), but it works and it's free. I can send and receive Hotmail on my Treo using a POP3-like system. The mail that I send adds a tagline:

So if you can deal with that, and have patience, give it a try:
    http://www.freewarepalm.com/internetpqa/thinair.shtml

You have to have Web Clipping installed first. Search on this board for instructions on PQA.

Also, when setting up ThinAir, it's hard to select the "setup" icon. You have to tap in the top left corner of the icon. Plus, every screen on the ThinAir PQA will have an annoying "not supported" caveat. Just scroll down to view your mail.

Finally, make sure you read the "README" file about how to configure Hotmail access.

Good luck. Remember, it's working for me (and it's fast too), so it does work.
    Originally posted by zippy57
    This is probably the 5th thread I've replied to since August trying to get an MSN POP3 compliant email app. It doesn't make sense to me that I can configure a new account in Outlook and Outlook Express to access the MSN POP servers and then have Business Connection push the whole Outlook account to me, but none of the 3rd party email apps will do this. I like BC, but I'm looking for something that doesn't require me to have my computer on at all times. Handspring told me that it was a known issue that Treo Mail could not connect to MSN's POP servers.
    How exactly do you configure these progreams to do this? I've tried outlook express on 2 computers and both times after set up it tells me that it cannot check, something wrong with HTTP or something....
    Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Service Unavailable', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCCF0
    Using the workaround from this thead, I can now log on to my hotmail account, view and delete. However, when I send, the messages do not arrive at their destination, even tho' the site says "mail sent" Anyone had this problem?