1.    #1  
    I always keep my Treo charged and rarely let it go down very far. Yesterday, I saw the red flashing light and then noticed the battery was almost completely drained. At first, I thought I had maybe used the treo a lot and didn't notice the battery getting low. So, I fully charged it overnight and didn't even use it today. But minutes ago, I once again saw the red flashing light due to the battery being almost completely dead. What could be causing this?
    Last edited by MrSandman; 11/03/2002 at 06:07 PM.
    By any chance are you using Midcast's financial streaming software? With the early versions of that program, you have to exit and actually log off the network or it will continue to drain your battery.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by tirepatch
    By any chance are you using Midcast's financial streaming software? With the early versions of that program, you have to exit and actually log off the network or it will continue to drain your battery.
    Negative.
    Have you noticed if you are connected to Vision? If so were the arrows green? Did the unit feel warm on the back?

The only issue I have had with battery draining is that a data download got stuck in a transmit / receive mode. There doesn't seem to be a single cause that I can find.

Whenever I close the unit I glance at the data arrows to ensure they are not green.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by intractv
    Have you noticed if you are connected to Vision? If so were the arrows green? Did the unit feel warm on the back?

The only issue I have had with battery draining is that a data download got stuck in a transmit / receive mode. There doesn't seem to be a single cause that I can find.

Whenever I close the unit I glance at the data arrows to ensure they are not green.
    Hmmm. I don't recall if I was connected to Vision or if the unit was warm but it sure is possible. I'll be extra carefull about it now. Thanks for the tip!
    Another thing I've seen is that if you are in an area of poor coverage, the phone comes on by itself and then stays on for a while before the screen goes dark. It does this repeatedly. I have no sprint coverage in my basement and this is a repeatable event.

/v
    I have the same problem that Vgill mentions at work. I assume that the Treo loses the signal. The problem is that it latches up somehow. It can get quite warm and completely drain the battery in a couple of hours. More then once I have had the batteries go dead on me. Once the unit gets in this mode the only way to avoid draining the batteries is to do a soft reset. Trying to regain the signal or turning the radio off and on does no good.