1.    #1  
    Loaded a freeware program which hung up my treo. Did a reset and now I have the "Palm Powered" screen flashing on and off very rapidly. Hitting reset again does nothing. If I hold the on/off switch, it gives me the option to "delete all data yes" or "delete all data no". When I hit no, it takes me back to the flashing Palm Powered screen.

Any suggestions?
    at this point, you probably need to choose 'yes' to delete all your data, and then re-load. you can use hotsync easily if you did NOT sync since you added the nasty program. if you did, it might still be possible by first into the folders on your PC that contain your synced data and backup, and deleting the file of the bad program.
  3.    #3  
    By the way, hot sync doesn't do anything nor does "warm reset". Is Hard reset the only remaining option?
    as far as i know, yes. however i am by no means the biggest geek on this board, so give it a little while and maybe we will both learn something new.

i DO know that if you just sync again without first deleting the baddie program from your personal directory AND the backup directory in c:/program files/palm/whatever you named yourself, then you will just end up reinstalling the program that started the trouble.

if you are not able to do the above, you will need to reset, start completely from scratch, and reinstall everything one at a time.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks Aarons12

Never did a hard reset before. It was no big deal. Hot sync brought everything back to normal. Just deleted the bad program after that. Fortunately, the bug only upset the treo after it was launched.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks Aarons12

Never did a hard reset before. It was no big deal. Hot sync brought everything back to normal. Just deleted the bad program after that. Fortunately, the bug only upset the treo after it was launched.