1.    #1  
    I just did a search and people are interest still in the Freespeak. Posted a while back on this forum my first look on my Freespeak adapter. At the time I didn't like it much.

Now I can't seem to live without it... It's just so cool! Less wires to deal with! Noticed I didn't say completely wireless! There is a short 3 inch cable that you plug into the 2.5mm headset jack into your phone. But other than that it is wireless.

I like this thing so much. That i decided to keep my both of my freespeak headsets! Yes I bought the wrong one kept it around and I never sent the thing back. I now have one in my hands for my Treo 300.

Out of the box. You must first pair the headset and the base together. In the manual it says that it's already done but so far on both my headsets. They weren't pair out of the box.

>>> Hold the Talk button on the headset and Turn it OFF. It'll stop blinking. get the little stick and depress the button on the base for six seconds. And it'll stay lit Blue. On the headset, Hold the Talk button for a few seconds. And it'll turn on. In about 30 seconds, They will be blinking together in unison.

Out of the box, also the Emulate end key is off...
    >>>place headset into base. Depress button with stick for 12 secs. It'll blink 4 times because it is now ON. or it'll blink 5 times if emulate is OFF.

Sound quality is great. Volume on both of my headset are fine.

I'm not sure why there is so much misinformation about this product. Shipping in very little quanities now. For US Treo users just order the Nokia version.

The plug is a true 4 conductor plug. Nokia 3300 style. There is an adapter that I'll never use in my box for older 5100 and 6100 nokia phones.

If you have any more questions that I forgot to cover leave a message. And I'll get back to you.

By the way, I order my headset from mobileplanet.com but they filled all of their orders and are now on backorder again for them!

I spoke to someone @ phoenix accessories... He said that they just recieved some in stock... This was on 10/31/02. You'll need to call them because I don't see it on their site.

http://www.phoenixaccessories.com/ca...m?subcatid=259
    " What would you attempt if you knew you couldn't fail?" - Robert Schuller -
    I just wanted to make sure I understood your post. I had held off buying this because the standard 2.5 plug does not work with the Treo. Are you saying the Nokia plug has the same 4 part configuration as the Treo?

Thanks
    The photo on the link looks cool.

How much will a free speak set me back?
  4.    #4  
    yes bud... there are three verisons of the free speak.

Bluetooth only for ie... Ericsson phones.
    2.5mm standard for ie Just about all celly phones.
    2.5mm 4 conductor for Nokia phones.

The latter also works for Treo's!

they cost $180 dollars... Hey no whining about price.... Remember I liked it so much i now own two!!!!
    " What would you attempt if you knew you couldn't fail?" - Robert Schuller -
    Originally posted by Lkwan
    they cost $180 dollars... Hey no whining about price....
    Well, I'll whine about the price. $180!?! Holy crap! Does anybody remember a year or three back when the folks at bluetooth were telling everbody that a bluetooth chip would only increase the cost of a product that already existed by $10? I'll even concede that this headset actually has two chips in it so its cost should only go up $20 from a typical headset. Once these are down to about $50, then I'll consider one, I bet I'll be waiting awhile. (and this complaint coming from someone whe paid $500 for his Treo on day one)
    When you have an incoming call and you press the Talk button on the headset, does it answer the call? Or do you have to press the Answer button on the Treo?
    Originally posted by luvmytreo
    When you have an incoming call and you press the Talk button on the headset, does it answer the call? Or do you have to press the Answer button on the Treo?
    Just press the button on the headset to take or drop a call. You can also adjust the volume on the headset.
    Is the blue tooth adaptor cord long enough to let one use the PDA functions w/o unplugging?
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking...